6. Qingcang Can't Kill Meilin

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

'Why am I dreaming about being in a stranger's embrace?' Meilin thought nervously.

Meilin and Qingcang found themselves in a strange and compromising position, an ethereal cord pulling them closer, their faces now mere inches apart. Her heart raced as the closeness of his lips to hers became apparent. She had never been this close to a man before, not even with her crush, and was startled by his striking handsomeness up close.

'This girl doesn't know how she got here,' Qingcang's thoughts wandered, his mind lost in contemplation. 'If she didn't bring me here, then who did?'

'Oh, my God...' Meilin's thoughts raced, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment as their closeness dawned upon her.

Unaffected by their nearness, Qingcang remained impassive, his emotionless expression resembling a statue carved from stone.

As time passed, the primordial spirits expanded, gradually merging into a single, radiant orb. The pair of blue energies, once separated since the dawn of time, merged effortlessly into one, bringing a sense of homecoming to the bodies that housed them.

Qingcang felt a profound shift within himself, an undeniable change that stirred his core.

Meilin's breaths became ragged as she experienced the weight of Qingcang's chest against hers and his abdomen pressed firmly against her belly. They found themselves locked in an embrace that seemed to possess a magnetic pull, leaving her startled and uncomfortable. His hot breath tickled her face, and instinctively, she leaned in closer, seeking a better look at him.

Qingcang was taken aback when he felt Meilin's warm breath against his cheek. His face turned towards hers in an instant, and before either of them could comprehend the situation, their lips hovered an inch apart, feeling the brush of each other's breath through their slightly parted mouths.

Time seemed to stand still as they stared into each other's eyes until Meilin's gaze traveled to Qingcang's sensual lips without thinking. Her heart skipped a beat as she realized what she had almost done with the villainous lord. Her eyes widened in shock, and she made a hasty attempt to pull away, only to find the binding force of the cord rendered any retreat impossible. Flushed with embarrassment, she exclaimed, "Oh my God, I'm so sorry!"

Qingcang's voice, cold and monotone, sliced through the charged silence, "What were you doing?" His piercing gaze bore into her, causing her to shift uncomfortably under his scrutiny.

Startled, Meilin laughed nervously, desperately trying to diffuse the tension. "Just, uh, admiring your... angry face."

Qingcang scowled at Meilin, clearly unamused by her feeble attempt at humor. His voice carried an intense tone as he demanded, "Tell me the truth. NOW!"