35. Meilin's Transformation

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

Meilin smiled as she gazed up at Qingcang from his lap, her joy radiating from within. 'You're a great friend, Pretty Eyes,' she thought, allowing herself to fall asleep on his lap, leaving him bewildered. 'In this world, romantic relationships with demons or even fairies are sinful and soul-destroying. Though we've kissed three times, accidents don't count. I should keep things friendly. This marriage is only for protection and public image if I'm ever found out.'

Qingcang, the mysterious being with long, flowing dark-brown hair, leaned forward, his keen eyes fixated on the delicate figure of the sweet human. Her slumbering form rested gently on his lap, her face nestled against his toned abdomen. The room was filled with a soft, warm glow, casting a halo of peace around them.

"Silly Little Human," Qingcang whispered in a voice as smooth as silk, his words carrying a tender tone. He watched her sleep with softened eyes, his gaze filled with protectiveness. The rise and fall of her chest, the faintest hint of a smile playing on her lips, intrigued his attention. "I'll kill the culprit for you," he vowed, his voice laced with determination, a solemn promise made in the moment's privacy. "And then, I'll kill all your enemies, so you'll never have to cry again."

Yet, as Qingcang's attention remained fixed on the peaceful scene before him, his senses sharpened, catching a glimpse of movement from the corner of his eye. He turned his gaze towards the window, where a panoramic view of Meilin's serene surroundings awaited. However, what he saw made his eyes widen. Vast amounts of dark energies swirled ominously in the night sky like a storm brewing. The air crackled with malice as the approaching force approached her home.

Qingcang's expression hardened, his lips curling into a disdainful sneer. "It's them again," he muttered, a tinge of irritation coloring his voice. The presence of these malevolent entities was an all-too-familiar nuisance. "If I use more than one percent of my power, her home will be destroyed," he remarked, his voice cautioned.

Understanding the fragility of their surroundings, Qingcang delicately supported Meilin's head, his strong yet gentle hands cradling her in his protective grasp. He carefully lowered her head onto a plush cushion, ensuring she remained undisturbed in her blissful slumber. The room's atmosphere was filled with urgency, ready to confront the impending threat.

.

"Kill that girl from the Moon Tribe!" the man exclaimed, his voice echoing through the grand chamber. His regal appearance was accentuated by the gleaming golden crown perched atop his head, symbolizing his authority and power.

Meilin, her curiosity piqued, gazed intently at the scene unfolding before her. Thoughts raced through her mind as she tried to make sense of the situation. 'Who are they referring to?' she wondered. 'And who is that evil man?'