22. Qingcang Falling For Meilin

Today is March 22nd, and this is chapter 22! This is a long chapter! 

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

As Dongfang Qingcang lay in Meilin's bed, his body enveloped in a deep slumber, but his mind remained partially aware of his surroundings

As Dongfang Qingcang lay in Meilin's bed, his body enveloped in a deep slumber, but his mind remained partially aware of his surroundings. He felt a sense of unease, as if something was amiss, but he could not entirely focus on what it was. As he tried to move his fingers, he realized he could not move his body. He felt trapped, and despite his efforts, he remained immobilized, unable to wake up fully.

Then, Qingcang felt a sudden surge of distress emanating from Meilin, and his eyebrows furrowed in anxiety that he sensed from her. He knew without a doubt that something was wrong, and he desperately tried to move his body, but to no avail. His eyebrows twitched as he felt her distress, but he could not act.

'It's that troublesome girl...' Qingcang thought, trying to focus on Meilin's heart. He could feel her distress and fear but was stuck in his sleep and could only vibrate his fingers slightly. He continued to think, 'She's in danger.'

.

.

.

Meilin's heart was pounding so loudly that she could feel it in her ears. She ran through the dimly lit streets, her lungs burning with every ragged gasp of air. She could sense the dark energies closing in on her, chasing her relentlessly. She could feel their cold, menacing presence looming closer and closer with every passing moment.

'What have I done to deserve this?' Meilin thought to herself in despair, her eyes darting around frantically as she searched for a way out. But there was no escape from the powers that pursued her; they were too strong, powerful, and relentless to be outrun.

Meilin pushed herself harder, her muscles screaming in protest as she sprinted through the darkened alleys. But it was all in vain. The energies were too much for her to handle, and soon enough, they caught up with her. She stumbled and fell, scraping her knees and palms on the rough ground.