27. Gentle Closeness

Our rough, aggressive, and war-driven Moon Supreme is learning to become more gentle. 

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out. Also, if you want more Dongfang Qingcang in your life and if you like this innocent yet very sweet chapter.

 Also, if you want more Dongfang Qingcang in your life and if you like this innocent yet very sweet chapter

Dongfang Qingcang knew that the medicine he had created was the solution to Meilin's recovery. Her physical and spiritual strength had weakened over the days, and he had been working for two hours to develop a pill that would restore her vitality. However, he had also learned that her uncompromising taste buds were too demanding to ingest the medication willingly.

Therefore, Qingcang decided to take matters into his own hands.

Qingcang opened his eyes slowly, and a sense of serenity washed over him as he gazed at Meilin. Her heart skipped a beat as she met his serene eyes and returned them. For a moment, the space was filled with silence as they gazed into each other's eyes. Her heart raced, and she struggled to catch her breath. He instantly felt her heart beating faster as her eyes landed on his, and he could not comprehend why her heart had reacted to him in such a way recently.

'What's wrong with me?' Meilin thought as she was out of breath.

Qingcang stepped closer, and Meilin's eyes widened as she took in his broad shoulders and imposing figure. It was as if she were seeing him for the first time, noticing details she had never noticed. She felt a rush of heat spread through her heart, and she could not help but wonder what was happening to her. She felt a sense of familiarity and comfort in his presence, but at the same time, something was different, and she could not quite put her finger on it.

Qingcang extended his strong hand slowly toward Meilin's face, causing her heart to shake. His skin closed in on hers, and her eyes widened as he reached out and slowly touched the back of her head, caressing her silky strands of hair that hung loose. His touch was gentle and tender as he was careful not to hurt her. She gasped at his soft touch and could not help but lean into his hand. They locked eyes, and time seemed to stop as she could feel her heart pounding in her chest.

Slowly, Qingcang brought his other hand up to cup Meilin's face, gently touching her flushed cheek and feeling her warm skin under his fingers. She shivered at his touch, feeling like her racing heart was on fire. Her breath caught in her chest as she struggled to exhale. He gazed into her big eyes, taking in every detail before lowering his calm eyes to her luscious lips. His thumb moved south smoothly, settling on her lower lip. She felt a shiver run down her spine, sensing the electrifying touch of his fingertip as it gently touched her plump lip. "Open your mouth," he instructed in a deep yet soft voice.

Meilin's body stiffened as Qingcang's voice suddenly broke the silence. Her eyes widened in surprise, and her breath caught in her throat. She struggled to control her racing thoughts and breathing heavily as she listened to his words. "Why?" she managed to ask, his eyes fixed on her mouth. She could feel her heart pounding hard in her chest, wondering what he thought as she tried not to lose her mind.