32. Qingcang's Pain

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

As night fell, Meilin had been enjoying a full day at the amusement park. She was tired but happy after going on all her favorite rides except for the Dark Ride. She approached her companion, eyeing the eerie-looking building, and said, "I want to skip this ride..."

Qingcang, growing annoyed with Meilin's unpredictability, replied with a hint of frustration in his voice, "You already dragged me into almost all the rides, so why skip this?"

Meilin took a deep breath and explained, "It's the Dark Ride... I already went through all the scary stuff lately with those monsters that want me dead, and now I don't need to experience them again."

Qingcang sighed, feeling impatient. "If you want, I can frighten you instead," he offered with a slight smirk, his tone malicious. He was secretly hoping Meilin would agree to his little payback.

Meilin was taken aback and faced Qingcang as she quickly retorted, "What the heck? No, I don't want you to scare me. Besides, you're too pretty looking to be scary."

Qingcang scoffed and thought, 'How long until she's pleased?'

Meilin stopped in her tracks as she saw an admirable view of the Ferris Wheel

Meilin stopped in her tracks as she saw an admirable view of the Ferris Wheel. She thought it was the perfect way to end the night. She gazed at it, noticing the fascinating trees around it that were adorned with red blossoms while the stars twinkled above her. The sight filled her with nostalgia for all the warm moments this view reminded her of.

Qingcang noticed Meilin's admiration and took her hand, surprising her with this gesture.

Meilin was taken aback and asked, "Uh, what?" She was not expecting this initiative from the most aloof person she knew.

"You like this ride? Then, let's go," Qingcang said as he led Meilin toward the Ferris Wheel.

'Qingcang...' Meilin thought, secretly smiling at him from behind as they walked hand in hand. 'You're so sweet.'

.

.

.