12. Meilin Naively Insults Dongfang

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

The five-star hotel exuded an air of luxury and elegance with its sprawling marble floors, glimmering chandeliers, and plush velvet furnishings

The five-star hotel exuded an air of luxury and elegance with its sprawling marble floors, glimmering chandeliers, and plush velvet furnishings. The restaurant was no exception. The dining room was exquisitely decorated with crystal chandeliers that shimmered and glistened, casting an ethereal glow over the space. Fine linens draped over the tables and added to the lavish ambiance. The plush seating beckoned diners to sink in and relax while enjoying the sumptuous feast. Guests could savor gourmet cuisine while admiring the breathtaking view of the city.

But what truly set this restaurant apart was the outdoor balcony. Guests were treated to a breathtaking view of the cityscape, with floor-to-ceiling windows that showcased the twinkling lights of the metropolis below. The outdoor terrace was the crowning jewel of the establishment, offering diners an enchanting experience under the starry night sky. On clear nights, the view was mesmerizing, with the glittering stars above and the shimmering city lights below.

On this particularly memorable evening, two people who appeared to come from different worlds sat at a private table on the balcony, surrounded by the beauty of the night sky

On this particularly memorable evening, two people who appeared to come from different worlds sat at a private table on the balcony, surrounded by the beauty of the night sky. As they savored each delicious course, they could not help but marvel at the enchanting view before them.

Qingcang sat across from Meilin, savoring the premium-class food with perfect table manners while she gazed out at the stunning city view. He gracefully swallowed his food as he watched her staring at the beautiful night sky. "That woman is weak, so why are you so afraid of her?" he asked, his voice low and intense.

Meilin's eyes darted sideways as she looked down, trying to avoid Qingcang's probing gaze. "I'm not afraid of her," she lied, her voice barely above a whisper.

Qingcang's eyes narrowed as he looked at Meilin, and his tone grew sharper. "Don't lie to me. Tell me the truth," he demanded, his voice tinged with impatience. He was so focused on waiting for her response that he barely even noticed the mouthwatering food in front of him.

Once again, Meilin felt like something was about to force the words out of her mouth. She realized that every time Qingcang demanded the truth, she could not resist telling him in the most brutally direct way possible. 'Oh no! Not again! Why does he have this effect on me?' she thought, feeling vulnerable and exposed. "I'm scared of her because she's the wife of the man who lied to me and broke my heart for her, and tonight is their wedding night," she finally admitted, shocked at her honesty. 'Oh my God, he became my weakness. If he ever finds out that he has power over me like that, he wouldn't stop devouring the truth from me!' she thought fearfully, feeling a sense of dread settle over her.