36. You May Kiss The Bride

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

Meilin sat on her bed the night before her wedding, the soft moonlight casting a peaceful glow in her room. She was immersed in deep thinking, her mind grappling with the weight of the day's distressing events. Despair weighed heavily upon her as she replayed the scenes in her memory, the uncertainty of restoring her former human self and the possibility of reversing her transformation looming over her like a shadow.

Overwhelmed by her emotions, Meilin found herself on the verge of unconsciousness when she teleported for a second time earlier when her instincts urged her to intervene and stop Qingcang from causing trouble. In a moment of solitude, her voice barely audible, she murmured, "That rascal."

Merely last night, Meilin had lived as a human, conversing with Qingcang, her otherworldly visitor and savior. But now, as she sat in her room, she felt utterly lost and desperate to reclaim her previous life.

A heavy sigh escaped Meilin's lips, her voice filled with determination and resignation. "I have to talk to him," she whispered to herself, the weight of responsibility evident in her tone. "I won't let him imprison himself here for my sake, and I can't be selfish with him. He had a life before he met me."

.

.

.

Alone in the backyard, Qingcang sought solace in the stillness of the night. The moon shone brightly, casting its ethereal glow upon the landscape. He carefully poured himself a cup of tea, the delicate aroma wafting through the air. As he brought the cup to his lips, memories of his anger and frustration flooded his mind—memories of the same cup he held in his hands, shattered in a moment of uncontrolled emotions when Meilin had repeatedly mentioned Yichen. Yet, he repaired it later. Lost in his thoughts, he savored each sip of tea, finding solace in the simple act. The night seemed to hold answers, a sanctuary for reflection.

During this quiet moment, Meilin's voice, loaded with determination, reached the Moon Supreme's ears. "Dongfang Qingcang," she called out, her words expressing urgency. "I've been thinking about something you said."

Qingcang turned his head, his eyes meeting Meilin's as she appeared before him. The air held a sense of anticipation as she pulled out the chair, seating herself opposite the Moon Supreme at the small table. Her eyes met his, and he could see the weight of her words in the intensity of her gaze. "About what?" he inquired, his voice calm yet tinged with curiosity.

"When you spoke of returning to your world once I die, I want you to take the words back," Meilin explained, steady and persistent. Her expression was severe, reflecting her determination to shape their shared destiny.

 Her expression was severe, reflecting her determination to shape their shared destiny