20. Her 'Moon Fairy' Servant

This is a long chapter. Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

It was eleven o'clock in the morning, and Dongfang Qingcang had grown tired of Meilin's nonsense of keeping essential details only to herself

It was eleven o'clock in the morning, and Dongfang Qingcang had grown tired of Meilin's nonsense of keeping essential details only to herself. He needed to know what was wrong with her, or rather, himself. For thousands of years, he had never experienced such an enigma before and was determined to get to the bottom of it. He did not want to weep like a crybaby any longer.

With a determined look on his face, Qingcang barged into Meilin's room to find her sleeping soundly. She would not wake up even if all hell broke loose in her house. 'This lazy woman,' he thought with a sneer, arms crossed over his chest and unquestionably irritated. His eye traveled to explore her bed until one object caught his eye.

Qingcang noticed a picture frame nearby Meilin's hand and picked it up out of curiosity, staring at a photograph, something he had never seen before, having only seen drawings in his world.

The two people in the picture piqued Qingcang's curiosity. Meilin and Yichen were standing so close to each other that he could not help but wonder about the nature of their relationship. He was surprised to learn that Yichen had once been very close to Meilin but now treated her as if she was nothing to him.

'What does their relationship matter to me?' Qingcang thought to himself, scoffing at the ridiculous idea of wasting any more time on it. He met Meilin a few days ago, but he still did not progress toward his return home. 'Who she likes is none of my business, but her life is mine,' he thought, sighing as he looked back at her, noticing a wet spot on her pillow near her wet eyes and her long eyelashes. 'She cried herself to sleep,' he thought, scowling as he spaced out. Now, it made sense to him why he had cried like a lunatic until midnight last night.

The reason to return home became much more critical to Qingcang now. Besides breaking the bond with Meilin for his freedom, he had to find out why his You Jade Ring did not work to isolate his thoughts and emotions. And he had to prevent a civil war from forming among the Moon Tribe because he left at the most crucial time.

Qingcang knelt and gently poked Meilin's shoulder. "Wake up," he said.

Meilin moaned, "Go..."

Qingcang sighed as he scowled impatiently at Meilin and said, "Hmph. Never in my life have I seen anyone as lazy as you, who sleeps more than ten hours a day and gets out of bed at noon."

Meilin scoffed and shot up her eyes, seeing that annoying man's face up close, watching her every move. "You!" she exclaimed with a scowl, rubbing her tired eyes. "Can't you see that I don't feel well?"

Qingcang looked dangerously at Meilin with piercing eyes. "Silly Little Human, you have no idea what your idleness is doing," he sneered and grabbed her sheets, about to pull them to uncover her and yank her out of bed, whether she liked it or not. "Now, get up, or I will force you to do my bidding. Got it?" he yapped.