13. The Tunnel of Worlds

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

One day ago:

Jianmin's wedding to Yichen was just a day away, and she could not shake the feeling that Meilin still held a special place in Yichen's heart. Despite the separation spell to prevent Meilin from coming between them, Jianmin was consumed with anger and jealousy. She knew she needed to revise her plan to ensure Meilin was permanently removed from the picture.

Driven by desperation to achieve her goal, Jianmin decided to visit the sorcerer she had once hired so that she could terminate Meilin permanently this time.

As Jianmin stepped into the black magician's lair again, a sense of unease settled on her shoulders like a heavy cloak. The room was adorned with eerie artifacts, and flickering candlelight cast dancing shadows on the walls.

The magician was draped in ominous robes, his gaze penetrating as he fixed his eyes on Jianmin's approach. "What brings you back here?" he inquired, well aware of the gravity of her intentions.

Without hesitation, Jianmin got straight to the point. "I need you to use your magic to kill Meilin. I can't let her interfere with my happiness with Yichen," she revealed, her voice firm.

His eyes sparked with a sinister gleam as he comprehended Jianmin's motives. "You wish to eliminate the competition," he remarked, his tone filled with intrigue and menace. "Meilin will meet her death by the hands of my partners, the dark forces," he proclaimed, a smirk dancing at the corners of his lips. "Are you absolutely sure about this?"

Jianmin nodded firmly, "I'm sure."

"Then we have a deal, but remember, this is a very dark path," he cautioned, his voice exuding malevolence. "Once you take this step, there's no turning back. Using any kind of magic pulls you into endless darkness."

Despite Jianmin's unease, she reluctantly agreed to his terms with a slight nod, acknowledging the risk. She had made her choice and would bear the consequences, no matter how grim.

Satisfied with Jianmin's response, he began chanting the incantation. The room seemed to pulse with ghostly energy; the flickering candlelight cast dancing shadows on the walls, creating an unsettling atmosphere. She observed with a mix of awe and trepidation as the dark forces of the spell came to life, swirling around him like a malevolent dance.

As the curse settled into place, he turned to Jianmin, his eyes drilling into her soul. "It is done, but remember, you will never be truly happy," he warned.

A sense of foreboding washed over Jianmin as she realized the weight of her actions and the pact she had forged with Satan. Her unyielding desire for Yichen clouded her judgment, pushing guilt and remorse aside. She was willing to face the consequences to achieve what she believed she deserved.

Leaving the magician's lair with newfound confidence, Jianmin felt she had found a way to eliminate Meilin and achieve her goal. However, the actual cost of her actions was yet to unfold.

Please tell me what you think in a comment and give this story a vote! It would mean a lot and encourage me to write more

.

"The Moon Supreme, Dongfang Qingcang" is in the public domain. All original additions are copyright © 2022 by Aurora Luxi.