31. The Amusement Park... Date?

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

Meilin and Qingcang were sitting side by side in a rollercoaster carriage, slowly ascending toward the peak. She was excitedly bouncing up and down in her seat, screaming between fits of laughter.

Qingcang watched Meilin with a raised eyebrow, impressed by her uninhibited enthusiasm. He thought, 'She's really enjoying this. Why?'

Meilin's scream became louder as they reached the top, and her hands shot up. "OH, YES!" she exclaimed, thrilled to the core.

Qingcang was more intrigued by Meilin's reactions than the ride itself. He watched her closely, trying to understand what made her feel this way. 'So, this is what she likes and what makes her happy,' he thought.

The rollercoaster plummeted down, and Meilin continued to scream with joy. "OH MY GOD, PRETTY EYES, THIS IS THE BEST PART. WEEEEE!" she shouted, her arms flailing in the air as they spun upside down in a spiral. "YEEEEEAH! WHOO!"

Qingcang felt Meilin's overwhelming joy and started understanding why she loved this

Qingcang felt Meilin's overwhelming joy and started understanding why she loved this. Even though he initially thought she had lost her mind, he was beginning to see the appeal of the adrenaline rush. He, too, was fond of thrills and action. Before today, he felt that being in this world for too long made him less agile.

As the ride ended, Meilin remained energetic, bouncing on the balls of her feet as they exited their seats. "Pretty Eyes, that was so fun! Do you agree?" she asked playfully.

"Mhm," Qingcang replied in approval, feeling Meilin's joy as his own. He felt pleased to experience a little action again due to Meilin's infectious enthusiasm.

Meilin hesitated for a moment, trying to gauge Qingcang's mood. "Do you want to take a break, or...?" she asked tentatively, wondering if he would agree.

Qingcang replied indifferently as they walked towards a nearby square, "Whatever makes you happy." He knew he had to comply with Meilin's wishes, even if she did not realize she had forced him to do so. Even so, he had to make her happy so that her spiritual energy could fully recover if they were to open the portal back to his world.