24. Moon Supreme's Wish

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

"Come on! Just make a wish, any wish!" Meilin urged Qingcang, her voice full of excitement, her eyes sparkling in the dark.

Qingcang closed his eyes and deeply breathed to gather his thoughts and recall tonight's wish. He thought back to the moment he made a wish before Meilin had fallen asleep in his arms, gazing at the vibrant colors of the aurora borealis and the shooting stars streaking across the night sky. The memory was still fresh in his mind, and he could feel the weight of his wish heavy on his chest as he continued to have flashbacks, remembering his desire vividly, the words echoing in his mind:

'I wish to open the portal back to my world, destroy the Fairy Realm, kill all the fairies, unite the three realms, bring back glory to the Moon Tribe, and most of all, be freed from being bound to her and be able to kill her before going back to my world,' Qingcang wished, the weight of his desires heavy. He opened his eyes and saw Meilin still praying in thought; her eyes closed and a serene expression on her face. No matter how beautiful she and their experience was, he wanted to regain his freedom.

Although Meilin did not ask Qingcang what he had wished for, he remembered it vividly as it had only been half an hour ago. He played the sentence she had told him after he had finished wishing over and over again in his head, her words still ringing in his ears:

"I wished for your happiness," Meilin had said softly, her voice filled with tenderness and sincerity.

Qingcang looked at Meilin's sleepy face from the corner of his eye, having mixed conflicting thoughts. On the one hand, he was surprised by her kind gesture. On the other hand, he knew that his wish was anything but selfless. He felt conflicted, torn between his desires for war and his confusion regarding her.

Qingcang held Meilin close in his strong arms, wary not to disturb her peaceful slumber, and flew at a medium pace, careful not to drop her as he was getting close to her home. The gentle breeze rustled her hair, and as he flew towards her house, he could not help but notice that the moonlight that illuminated her features made her look even more beautiful.

 The gentle breeze rustled her hair, and as he flew towards her house, he could not help but notice that the moonlight that illuminated her features made her look even more beautiful