40. Shangque the Black Dragon

THIS CHAPTER IS THE START OF Saga 2: Moon Supreme Saga.

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out. 

Dongfang Qingcang was suddenly whisked away through a mysterious portal, pushed by an unseen force

Dongfang Qingcang was suddenly whisked away through a mysterious portal, pushed by an unseen force. The journey was disorienting, but eventually, it came to an end. Slowly, he opened his eyes, squinting against the bright sunlight. As his vision cleared, he took in his surroundings.

Qingcang abruptly realized he had been transported back to his world, specifically to the desolate battlefield of Cangyan Sea's Xuanxu desert. He wore his formidable black battle armor adorned with menacing spikes. Memories flooded his mind as he recognized the familiar landscape. Here, he displayed his superior strength, mercilessly slaughtering two large armies before entering Meilin's world. The echoes of past violence resonated through his thoughts, and his once-innocent expression turned into a cold, distant gaze, hiding the inner turmoil he felt.

With a scowl forming on his strikingly handsome face, Qingcang sat up and observed the area. His eyes widened as a sinking feeling settled in his heart—he realized Meilin was nowhere to be seen. Instinctively, his hand touched his forehead, and let out a defeated sigh. His eyebrows furrowed as he reminisced about the last time he had seen the girl he vowed to protect. They had shared a passionate kiss inside the portal just before an unknown force tore her from his grasp.

Qingcang had made a promise to Meilin that they would reunite, and he was determined to fulfill it. He knew he had to look for her as she was likely vulnerable and alone. 'I will find her,' he vowed internally. Renewed purpose filled his cold eyes as he scanned the familiar surroundings. The darkness in his heart, briefly subdued during their intimate moment, resurfaced with unsettling intensity, gripping his soul like a vengeful shadow. 'I'll kill anyone who dares to hinder me,' he contemplated maliciously with a chilling resolve, his thoughts veering into a realm of ruthless determination.

While observing his surroundings, Qingcang noticed the absence of corpses on the ground. The dead Moon Tribe soldiers seemed to have gone up in smoke, leaving no trace behind. It dawned on him that he had been away from his world for longer than a mere twenty-four hours.

'How is this possible?' Qingcang pondered, feeling bewildered. 'I've been to the human world, so I should've only been gone for a few minutes, maybe an hour at most. But that dimension was not Yunmeng Lake, the mortal realm of my world. Time likely operates differently there.'