19. Struggling Like A Woman

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

Qingcang felt a pang of nostalgia as he thought back to his childhood. The only person who had ever shown him genuine care and affection was his nanny, Miss Wu. Her gentle demeanor and kind-heartedness had left a lasting impression on him. However, his father, who had grand plans for his son to become a ruthless ruler, executed her. Unlike Miss Wu, his father did not want him to indulge in art and entertaining activities. This was a traumatic experience that he had tried to forget, but the memories kept resurfacing lately.

"Why am I remembering my past?" Qingcang wondered aloud as he lay on Meilin's bed, lost in thought. First, he remembered his father before he went to Meilin's world, and now he remembered the friendly woman who raised him.

Qingcang shifted his thoughts to replaying the last sentence Meilin said to him before she closed the door behind her, "I was afraid you'd get cold

Qingcang shifted his thoughts to replaying the last sentence Meilin said to him before she closed the door behind her, "I was afraid you'd get cold." Now, he found himself intrigued by her kindness towards him.

But as Qingcang mulled over this, he realized that if Meilin knew he was a demon, she would not be so caring towards him. He got this impression when she talked about demons, describing them as ugly and disgusting creatures. A sense of bitterness crept over him, and he gritted his teeth. "I'll punish her when that time comes," he muttered under his breath. 

Qingcang's eyes grew as a thought hit him.

'Why am I so distracted? I have a lot on my plate! I'm supposed to force the Silly Little Human to my bidding, but I keep—' Qingcang's thought was interrupted by a rising torment in his belly.

The pain was unlike anything Qingcang had ever experienced before.

"Wha—" Qingcang grunted, his teeth clenching in pain as he suddenly felt an excruciating ache in his abdomen like a thousand swords had been thrust into his belly, and he doubled over in agony. 'Perhaps, it is that infuriating human—' he thought as the misery subsided, interrupted in his mind by the forced groan coming from his mouth, showing his teeth out of discomfort. But he was the Moon Supreme, after all, and he would not let himself be brought down by a mere human.