28. How To Make Her Happy

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

The next day at ten o'clock in the morning, Meilin woke up and headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. The kitchen was brightly lit and well-equipped with all the necessary utensils and appliances. She hummed a tune as she took the eggs, bread, and plant-based proteins from the fridge, preparing to make Qingcang and herself a hearty breakfast. As she moved around the kitchen, she noticed the door leading to her garden, a serene oasis with colorful flowers and lush greenery. She smiled to herself, grateful for the peaceful escape that her garden provided.

As Meilin finished cooking the food, she set the table outside, admiring the beautiful view while yawning. Just as she was about to take the frying pan, she saw Qingcang standing in the kitchen, leaning against the wall, observing her every move. He had his arms crossed over his chest and a pensive expression.

'This lazy, Silly Little Human has slept for over ten hours but is still sleepy

'This lazy, Silly Little Human has slept for over ten hours but is still sleepy... Forget it; she's not avoiding me anymore and is willing to obey me now,' Qingcang thought, still perplexed about why Meilin had been so nervous around him last night.

Suddenly, Meilin felt a sharp pain in her hand and screamed, "Ahhh!" She looked down to see the frying pan had burned her hand.

Qingcang looked at his palm and noticed a burn mark developing. He closed his eyes in annoyance and sighed deeply, feeling irritated with Meilin's clumsiness.

"It hurts..." Meilin muttered, clutching her hand and trying to alleviate the pain with cold water from the sink. However, the pain was excruciating, and she winced in agony as the cold water was not helping her.

Qingcang observed Meilin with a mixture of annoyance and slight concern in his eyes. 'It seems that it's up to me to fix this,' he thought, letting out a deep sigh before approaching her.

Just then, Qingcang appeared beside Meilin, a tiny hint of concern etched on his features. She felt surprised when he gently held her wrist and brought her palm close to his mouth. 

"What are you doing?" Meilin asked as she looked at Qingcang curiously.

"Don't hold it with your hands anymore. You're clumsy, indeed," Qingcang said firmly, looking directly into Meilin's eyes.