37. The Wedding Night

This is an extra-long chapter. I know you girls have been waiting for their WEDDING NIGHT, lol. And it finally happened! 

At the end of the chapter, I explained why I was not updating for a while. You can read it at the bottom later!

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

'Dear God, I now have a crazy husband,' Meilin thought, sighing deeply as Dongfang Qingcang carefully lowered her body to the ground outside her grand house

'Dear God, I now have a crazy husband,' Meilin thought, sighing deeply as Dongfang Qingcang carefully lowered her body to the ground outside her grand house. Her mind raced as she looked at him with disbelief and frustration, and her chaotic state only added to her irritation. Her once-flawless makeup had smudged, her hair was a tangled mess, and the beautiful white wedding dress became stained with dirt at the bottom. She reflected on the situation with a tinge of irritation and scoffed, thinking, 'This was not the wedding I had imagined.'

Qingcang caught the scoff that escaped Meilin's lips, and he could not ignore the intensity of her gaze. Sensing her mounting anger, he raised an eyebrow, his eyes growing cold. His curiosity piqued, he inquired, "What?"

"Hmph! Couldn't you have waited a bit longer?" Meilin retorted impatiently, placing her hands on her hips, her breath ragged with frustration.

Qingcang sneered, his voice laced with bitterness, "I've waited for this moment since the day I entered this world. I'm tired of waiting for you."

Meilin's eyes widened, her mind racing to decipher Qingcang's words. 'What does he mean by this moment? Is he referring to the portal or something else?' she pondered, trying to make sense of his cryptic statement.

With deliberate steps, Qingcang closed the distance between them, his stride steady and determined. Meilin regarded him with a perplexed expression, her brows furrowing in confusion. He towered over her, his tall figure commanding and imposing. Tilting his head slightly, he locked his eyes into hers, his gaze penetrating. In a domineering tone, his voice low and husky, he declared, "Let's go upstairs."

'Upstairs

'Upstairs... UPSTAIRS?' Meilin's mind ran, her eyes quickly widening in shock. Hearing Qingcang's words, she could not help but recoil in alarm as his sentence echoed in her mind. Her heart raced, and beads of sweat formed on her forehead as she forced an awkward smile. Her perplexed expression deepened as she struggled to find the right words. "H-hey, Pretty Eyes," she stammered, her voice trembling slightly. "We agreed that we wouldn't engage in—" Her sentence was abruptly cut short, giving him a funny look.