Defending Peeta Mellark

For those of you enormous Hunger Games fans who haven't read the books and think Peeta is a wimp, let me tell you something: he's not.

Aaaaand you should read the book because it's awesome. *slowly slides the book to you*

I've seen a lot of people moan about how Peeta is useless and pathetic. Well, what you probably didn't know was that Peeta actually has a prosthetic leg, and that Peeta's the only one who can keep Katniss sane, or the fact that Peeta is a baker and has only ever used a knife to cut bread.

Allow me to take a few moments to defend Peeta Mellark.

First of all, I'm going to start off by pointing out that Peeta lost his leg defending Katniss. If that isn't pure epicness, I don't know what is. In the movies, they left out this very important part of the book. When Katniss is stung by the tracker jackers, she thinks she's hallucinating when she sees Peeta telling her to run away as he defends her from Cato. We later learn that she wasn't hallucinating, and that Cato hurt Peeta really badly. Peeta even had blood poison and Katniss had a 50% chance of getting medicine to heal him, but he told her not to go because he knew her life would be in danger.

After the Games, the Capitol doctors had to amputate Peeta's leg because the infection was so bad. PEETA LOST HIS LEG FOR KATNISS.

Here's another thing: he is the only one that can comfort Katniss when she wakes up from her nightmares every night. Even though he has his own nightmares to deal with, he still goes out if his way to make Katniss feel safe. Every girl should want a Peeta Mellark. :)

And there's more: Peeta has loved her since they both started school. He took a beating from his mother to feed her when she was cold and starving. Even though he loved her, he respected her when she told him that what happened in the Games was an act. Katniss broke his heart to keep them both alive, and even though it hurt him, he still respected her.

Right, so hopefully you see how in love and amazing Peeta is. Now, I'm going to focus on the Catching Fire movie, because he seems to get a lot of hate for that.

"Peeta nearly drowned as soon as he entered the arena!"
Okay, for your information, Peeta has actually never swam before. The majority of people in District 12 can't swim because there are no rivers or lakes in the district's borders. The only reason Katniss can swim is because when she was little, her father (when he was still alive) used to take her illegally hunting outside the borders (as Katniss did with Gale before the Hunger Games) and taught her how to swim. The people of 12 are forbidden to go past the fence. Sure, blame a guy for not breaking the law.
Oh, and another thing: a tribute was PUNCHING HIM IN THE FACE. I'd like to see you try to swim for the first time in your life with one leg while someone is trying to kill you.

"Peeta literally walked straight into a force field and nearly died!"
The force field was INVISIBLE. Peeta was actually clearing the path for them by going first. He had no idea force fields even existed in that arena. Chill.

"He was the first to fall when they were running from the poisonous fog, costing Mags her life!"
Again, prosthetic leg people. Plus, he basically died that day. Give him a break. Mags did a brave thing, but it wasn't Peeta's fault that she died.

"He falls ALL THE TIME."
*sigh* Do I need to go over this again?

"He walked straight into a pack of flesh-eating monkeys!"
W-w-wait. Hold up. Did you just say he walked in a pack of monkeys? NO, NO AND NO. If you had actually paid attention to the movie, you will see that they ALL fell into the pack when they were running from the fog. And Peeta was getting them all water when it was KATNISS and FINNICK who discovered the monkeys were murderers. How about you go back and watch that scene, huh? Go, right now.

"He literally gets himself kidnapped by the Capitol at the end. USLESS."
Did you just say that he gets himself kidnapped by the Capitol at the end? If you haven't noticed, THEY'RE ALL ALREADY KIDNAPPED BY THE CAPITOL. They're all in the Capitol's arena, in the Capitol's clutches. The fact that the rebels were able to get Katniss and Finnick out was a miracle. So if anyone's to blame for Peeta, Johanna, Annie and Enobaria being kidnapped by the Capitol, it's Coin and Plutarch. Plus, how can he defend himself against the Capitol? They have guns, hovercraft, soldiers that look like Stormtroopers and more.

So give Peeta a break, okay? I'm on #TeamPeeta! He's amazing, loyal, he adores Katniss, Katniss need him, and he's perfect, okay? 'Nuff said.

If you have another problem with Peeta, let me know so that I can convert you into a Peeta fan. MUAHAHAHAHA!