Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Guess who just watch The Force Awakens and cried really hard!

ME!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

SPOILER WARNING
This chapter contains spoilers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens

So I watched this before Christmas and began to write this chapter, but then I forgot how stressful Christmas and New Year's can be and couldn't find the time to finish it. And THEN I had my dance school's summer intensive and I nearly died, so that didn't help at all. But I finally did it! :) And all I can say is...

I'm HAPPY. Really, really HAPPY.
This movie has made me so happy it's not even funny.

To see Star Wars fans old and new reunite over this movie is amazing. All the fans are being reborn, remade! The fandom is rising from the ashes of hell! MUAHAHAHAHA!

That may have been a little creepier than I expected it to be...

ANYHOO!

Can we just take a moment to appreciate Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill?

Can we just.

Yes.

They were amazing.

AND HAN FREAKING SOLO DIED.

WHY

WHAT

WHY

I should've seen it coming, though. Harrison DID want to be killed off in Return of the Jedi. And plus, there's no way Kylo would've given up the Dark Side THAT easily.

BUT HAN AND LEIA HAD A SON.

AWWW!

CUE SHIPPING FEELS.

And c'mon, we all know who Rey really is. Unfortunately, they made that pretty obvious. If you haven't worked it out, don't read the paragraph in italics below.

Rey is Luke's daughter. Haha, can you imagine how corny it would have been if at the end, Rey held out the lightsaber to Luke and was like, "Luke ... I am your daughter". I would've laughed until I exploded.
Kylo and Rey are most probably cousins...
YET MY HEART STILL TELLS ME TO GET INTO THE REYLO TRASH CAN. SHUT UP, HEART. I CAN'T DEAL WITH YOU RIGHT NOW.
But it's not confirmed yet, right? Rey could possibly even be a Kenobi!
RIGHT?
So maybe I could ship it!
SHUT UP, HEART.

Okay, you can read again now.

Let's all take another moment to appreciate Chewbacca, R2-D2 and C-3PO. 3PO's weird red arm, R2's happy beeps and Chewie's constant complaining about how he was cold made my day. It was flipping brilliant.

And I love how they honoured the original movies by starting with the scrolling credits. They even put the four dots ("....") for the ellipses at the end of the floating paragraph like the original movies did even though the correct grammar is three dots!

Ugh, my grammar cop is at it again. *slaps myself*

But I just think it's nice that they did that. :)

Can I just say one thing? I've been obsessed with Kylo Ren being a fanboy of Darth Vader ever since I watched the movie. I think it's hilarious. I've been looking at lots of hilarious fanart (particularly from Tumblr user ooops-i-arted) and I'm honestly rolling on the floor laughing. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. XD

Mmkay, here are just a few of my favourite quotes from the movie (in no particular order). My thoughts are in italics. :)

Poe: Why are you helping me?
Finn: Because it's the right thing to do.
Poe: ...you need a pilot.
Finn: I need a pilot.
He needs a pilot.

Finn: What about that ship?
Rey: That one's garbage!
*cool ship blows up*
Rey: The garbage will do!
*shot of the Millennium Falcon*
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

Han: *stepping into the Falcon* Chewie, we're home.
*squeals* *faints*

Finn: What should we do with her?
Han: Is there a garage chute ... or trash compactor?
Finn: *grins* Yeah, there is.
Oh, no. Stop right there.
(Wait, Phasma ships Reylo too?)
(SHUT UP, HEART.)

Finn: We'll figure it out! We'll use the Force!
Han: That's not how the Force works!
Pfft, says Han.

Han: It's real. All of it.
YES. YES. YES. FINALLY.

Chewie: GRAAUUGGGHHH!
Han: YOU'RE cold?
I'm laughing my socks off over here!

C-3PO: Thank the Maker!
Classic 3PO. XD

Han: You changed your hair!
Leia: Same jacket!
I'm literally Han Solo.

Maz: Han Solo! Where's my boyfriend?
Han: Chewie's working on the ship.
Maz: Ooh, I like that Wookie!
Uhh ... okaaaayyyy... O_O

Finn: He almost killed me 6 times!
Chewie: *grabs his throat*
Finn: Which is okay.
This brings back so many great memories. XD #1977mems

Poe: ...do I talk first or you talk first? I talk first?
Basically me trying to do life right there.

So yeaaaahhhhhh! Those were a few of my favourite quotes.

And by the way, that's me and a buckethead in the picture in the media section. 👆 And yes, I did go with my Leia hair. It's not weird.

Obviously, I loved the movie, but every great movie comes with its flaws. I'm not going to go into too much detail right now because everyone has different opinions, but the directors DID kinda break the rules a bit. Like, for example, Rey has never had any training -- heck, she didn't even KNOW she was Force-sensitive before -- and she's already just as powerful as Luke. And Finn (who, so far in the story, seems to be non-sensitive) actually used a lightsaber and nearly beat the crap out of a Sith-in-training. Like, seriously, I don't know where these Sith coming from these days, but they are not doing too well... ;)

That was the main thing for me. But still, that scene was very entertaining and I loved it. :)

I feel so bad for Ezra, though (kind of a change of subject, I know, but...). He's probably trying to do a Jedi mind trick on Kanan and Rex to get them to shut up and stop bickering but it's not working and then Rey and Finn come along and they're like, "Hey buckethead, you gonna remove these restraints and leave with the door open, mmkay? Oh, and drop your weapon too, dude, it's uncivilised."

Poor, poor Ezra... XD

Speaking of Ezra, was I the ONLY one who heard the Star Wars Rebels jingle in one of the battle scenes in the movie? 'Cause I did. :P

But hey, no hate on Rey and Finn, man, they're absolutely amazing. And it's fantastic to have a female protagonist in a franchise that mainly features men Jedi. :)

Okay, I'm going to stop rambling now and go prove those Star Wars haters on Tumblr WRONG (and yes, I do have a Star Wars blog called space-family.tumblr.com. Duh. :P).

So what did you guys think of the movie?

I LOVED IT, OH MY GOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHH!

Shh, mouth! What have I told you about blurting things out?

Bye, bye!

PS: to all Rebels fans...
I've got a book of Star Wars Rebels oneshots on Wattpad and Fanfiction.net (which I'm finding so much easier than Wattpad 😒). It's called Star Wars Rebels Stories and I'd appreciate it if you Rebel-lovers checked it out! ;) It's mainly comedy with a bit of Kanera ('cause I can't help myself 😉). My username on Fanfiction.net is hannahkirkby if you'd prefer to read it on there (I know I would to be honest). :)

PPS: Kylo Ren is a little puppy who just needs some love. :(
SHUT UP, HEART!