𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘓𝘝𝘌

ᴀᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏꜰᴛᴇꜱᴛ ᴋɪꜱꜱ.  "

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Jun-Woong sat in front of the director, his eyes reflecting his emotions. Now he knew why Ryeon left hell and why the Risk Management Team was created, his heart felt heavy in his chest at the knowledge he had learnt. He understood his Team Leader, his friend, more now and knew that even though she'd never say it Ryeon needed someone by her side now more than ever. 

"Does...Does anyone else know?" He asked and the Director hummed and nodded her head slowly.

"Yes, another person other than you and I know's of Ms Koo's past." Jun-Woong stared at his superior, waiting for her to answer.

"Ms Yo found out a few years after she joined Jumadeung." Jun-Woong wasn't surprised at that, knowing how intuitive Seo-Yun is. It explained why she didn't harbour the same dislike for his team as every other reaper does.

"That's the reason why Ms Yo never viewed our team the way other reapers do. Because she knows what Ms Koo was doing." The director sighed and nodded, Jun-Woong bit his lip debating on his next question.

"Director...The scars on Ms Yo's hands...How did she?" He trailed off at the end of his question in hesitation. The Director silently looked at Jun-Woong before answering.

"Jun-Woong. Ms Yo's past, her scars...They are not my story to tell, like Ryeon, Ms Yo's past still haunts her as you've seen. But her past is her's to tell." Jun-Woong nodded slowly, but the Director all but smiled at the young man. His heart was pure, she knew he wanted to help his friends and help them heal. She placed a soft hand on top of Jun-Woong's hand which laid on his knee.

"What they need is a friend, someone to lean on and help them heal." Jun-Woong swallowed thickly, worry and fear creeping into his heart.

"What if I can't do enough?" He asked quietly. He truly wanted to help them, to help his friends but what if what he did wasn't enough? 

"I choose to give you this chance for a reason Jun-Woong. Your heart is pure, you would do anything to save someone, even a complete stranger. You have shown time and time again that you hold so much compassion for others, a quality that is hard to come by in these times. You may not know it, and they may not say it, but over these past months you being here has changed and helped them. Mr Lim has come to terms with his past with your help, Ms Koo has smiled more than I have seen and Ms Yo has slowly started to realise that what happened in her past was not her fault. All because you stood by them in those times." Jun-Woong stared silently at the ground, speechless. But after hearing her words, determination blossomed in his chest. He was going to help his friends, no matter how much they tried to push him away, no matter how loud they yell at him. He wasn't going to leave them. Not yet. Not when his time here wasn't over. Jun-Woong looked up at the Director and nodded his head firmly, his eyes blazing with a newfound fire.