𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘛𝘞𝘖

"  ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ ɪ ᴄʀᴀᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴄʜᴀᴏᴛɪᴄ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴍɪɴᴇ.  "

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Seo-Yun landed on her hands and knees harshly, and the grass under her gloved fingertips crumbled as she gripped and ripped at it. Tears endlessly trickled down her cheeks, landing in the dirt, and her throat seized causing dry sobs to rack through her, her mind was nothing short of a war zone of memories, blurring the line between memories and reality. Her heart rapidly pounded against her chest, Seo-Yun cried and cried until the tears just...Stopped. She cried until everything had just stopped, leaving her with an emptiness she hadn't felt in a long time. Yo Seo-Yun transported to her apartment, and her mind was no longer a raging war but a deadly silent minefield, her movements almost robotic as she slowly walked to her bedroom, her feet moving by themselves as her mind was stuck, frozen in the minefield. 

Seo-Yun only came back to reality when she suddenly stopped in front of her vanity. Dark eyes stared back at her as she gazed emptily at her reflection through her vanity mirror, Seo-Yun stared at herself, her eyes no longer the bright honey-brown she remembered them to be, they were now red, swollen and dark. So, so dark. It reminded her of her father. Seo-Yun clenched her gloved hands so hard she could hear the leather starting to tear under her grip, Seo-Yun stared back at her reflection as it whispered back to her.

You're no better than him, you even look like him.

Should've killed him.

Should've made the air fade from his body.

Should've watched as he fell to the ground.

Watched his blood seep from his body.

Weak.

Just like he always called you.

The minefield in her mind detonated and Seo-Yun screamed and smashed her fist into the mirror, the glass shattering under her hand. Seo-Yun threw everything off the vanity, causing them to crash to the ground. She ripped apart her room, throwing her lamp against the wall, watching it shatter, she tore apart every photo, and every painting, smashing every piece of glass, she punched and kicked her wall leaving holes in it as it threatened to collapse, she screamed and yelled in anger. She needed to feel anything, anything at all. Seo-Yun collapsed to the ground, leaning against the end of her bed in the middle of her destruction, her heavy loud breaths being the only thing she could hear and just like the glass that surrounded her, Seo-Yun sat there, shattered.

Ryung-Gu, Jun-Woong and Ryeon appeared in Seo-Yun's apartment hours later. They had completed their case, but unlike every other case, the three didn't feel proud. They didn't celebrate. They didn't even smile when the 13-year-old daughter thanked them. They looked around the living room, the apartment was silent and dark the only source of light coming from the slightly open curtains, The three of them carefully made their way down the short hall with Ryeon leading them while Ryung-Gu stayed at the back, his hands clenched in his coat pockets.