𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘚𝘐𝘟

"  ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱ.  "

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Ryung-Gu stood against the cold wall outside the hall. His heart was pounding in his chest, threatening to escape through his throat, and the pad of his thumb brushed against his bottom lip. He could still feel the slight brush of her lips, even minutes after he walked away, his opposite hand was hidden in his pocket clenching on the crumbled piece of parchment hidden within it.

His dark eyes stared down at the red thread on his wrist that glowed, he could almost feel it searing into his skin, and his thoughts scrambled and hazy.

"Mr Lim." Ryung-Gu snapped around to see the Director standing in front of the hall doors, the male instantly bowed in greeting. His gaze focused on the floor as he unconsciously rubbed the red thread.

"Ma'am." The Director studied the distracted man and sighed softly as she remembered their conversation hours earlier.

"It glows whenever one is close to their soulmate." She quietly explained, Ryung-Gu gulped and nodded slowly, the director walked closer to the young man and placed a soft hand on his shoulder.

"Remember what I said Mr Lim." Ryung-Gu clenched his jaw and nodded silently, he stood frozen until the Director walked back into the hall, leaving him alone once again. Ryung-Gu exhaled deeply and carefully took out the crumbled and stared down at the inked page reading the words over and over again.

Soulmates are very rare, only a few have been recorded but those that have, have said that Soulmates are the only exception to fate's laws, Which is why they are so rare. When two soulmates met for the first time in every lifetime, their souls are tethered to one another, and they feel each other's emotions. The longer the soulmates are around each other, the stronger the tether becomes.

Ryung-Gu swallowed thickly, his face void of any emotion. He let out a heavy sigh and glanced at the hall door for a long moment before turning away and walking away from the hall, a crestfallen look in his eyes. Unaware of a pair of honey-brown eyes watching him walk away.

The next day came in mere hours, the reapers of Jumadeung wore their normal work attire and continued their duties as normal, all except Seo-Yun. The honey-eyed reaper couldn't focus on anything, her thoughts fleeting back to the empty hallway and what she witnessed outside the hall. 

Soulmates?

Ryung-Gu has a soulmate?

All these questions filled her head, leaving her feeling slightly dizzy. She tried to hide her confusion, but it was clear to others that something happened the night before, but no one dared to speak up about it and continued as they would any other day.