𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕

" ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴡᴏʀᴅ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴀʏ. "

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

True to her word, Seo-Yun limited her movement for about 5 hours before she decided that if she didn't move now and do something, she was going to lose her fucking mind. Seo-Yun spent those 5 hours staring at her white ceiling, counting the slight cracks she could see in the paint and noting in her mind to fix it later. So here she was, in a fresh pair of black dress pants and a clean white shirt, her black leather gloves concealing her scarred hands, her hair in its usual pristine ponytail. The only tell-tale signs she had been in a scruff were the cut on her bottom lip and the bruise on her cheek that had yet to heal. Seo-Yun, in her 5 hours of recovery was itching to find Joong-Gil, she needed to apologise to him, she knew that right now he hated her but she needed to tell him she was sorry.

Her heart started to beat a little faster the closer she got to the door, the hallway was dark, lights bright enough to see the floor barely. Seo-Yun bit her lip nervously, her gut twisting painfully.

He won't want to see you.

He doesn't care about you, not anymore.

He hates you. You're a liar. Nothing but a burden.

Seo-Yun clenched her jaw tightly at the intrusive dark thoughts, she let out a shaky breath and stood frozen for a long moment. Staring at the door handle with dark eyes, her hands shook as she willed her body to move and grab the handle. She knew he hated her, she wanted him to say to it, get it over with but as she slowly cracked the door open a familiar voice made her freeze.

"You said Mr Park saved Koo Ryeon?" The Director asked Mr Ha. Seo-Yun gulped and opened the door further, the slight noise causing everyone to turn their attention Seo-Yun.

"Ms Yo. Just in time, as Joong-Gil's partner and The Assistant Manager. Do you believe Mr Park would save Koo Ryeon?" Seo-Yun walked forward confidently, sparing the Board of Directors a small bow of her head in greeting. She spared Joong-Gil a small glance, he stared forward, not once giving her his attention. Seo-Yun clenched her hands into fists behind her back before staring directly at the Director.

"No Ma'am. Mr Park has held a strong despise towards Ms Koo and The Risk Management Team. I see no logical reason as to why he would even attempt to save Ms Koo." Seo-Yun firmly explained, the Director nodded and turned slightly the lead reapers who stood behind her.

"What do you all think?" She asked and as they gave their opinions on the matter, Seo-Yun stared at Dae-Su. He knew who she really was, the runaway princess who lived with a price on her head, taken away by a mother who only wanted to use her as a bargaining chip for her own safety and a father who hunted them down like the monster he was. 

"Mr Park. You used the Reaper's Guarantee of Responsibility you had with Ryeon. To destroy The RM team?" The Director asked Joong-Gil who stared at the ground for a moment before looking up.

"Yes. I did." He answered flatly, Seo-Yun looked at him with pursed lips.

"Ryeon's retaliation against the cyberbullies, was that part of it too?" The Director continued. Joong-Gil nodded.