𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕

" ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀ ᴛᴇʀʀɪʙʟʏ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴛᴇʀʀɪʙʟʏ ꜰᴀʟꜱᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, ɪ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ, ɪꜱ ᴡʜʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴ ꜱᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴘᴀɪɴ. "

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

A few more hours passed after the children's hospital. The female reaper had just gotten back to her office when Ryeon entered.

"Ms Koo, how are you?" Seo-Yun asked with a smile, however, her smile slowly dimmed once she looked up at Ryeon. Her face was expressionless but her eyes held anger, worry and sadness.

"Ryeon. What has happened?" Seo-Yun asked her friend softly, Ryeon bit her lip and sighed.

"Remember when you found out about my past, and I told you about Gop-Dan?" Seo-Yun nodded and walked slowly towards her friend. Ryeon's eyes clouded with tears but she didn't let them fall, she took a deep breath before pulling out her phone and showing Seo-Yun.

"She's our new case...Seo-Yun. I don't know if I can pretend that I know- that I knew her. I don't know if- If I can save her." Ryeon confessed quietly and Seo-Yun felt her heart break for her friend. Ryeon had only came to Seo-Yun like this, vulnerable and scared, twice before, for she was the only one Ryeon could talk to and confide in about her past.

"Ryeon. Look at me." Seo-Yun commanded softly and her friend looked at Seo-Yun's honey-brown eyes. Seo-Yun knew that in times like this Ryeon needed to be grounded, she needed to be reminded of her job and why she was doing this.

"This young woman may have Gop-Dan's face but she is not her. Not anymore. I know you're scared of losing her the way you did in the past, but you can't go into this case with your personal feelings clouding your judgement. This time you won't fail her, this time you'll save her, in order to do that you need to treat her like any other person you've saved." Seo-Yun said softly. Ryeon took a few moments to process Seo-Yun's words and she knew she was right. Right now, her past wasn't the priority. It was saving Choi-Hui's life.

"Understood Ms Koo?" Seo-Yun asked and Ryeon looked at her friend and nodded firmly.

"Understood Ms Yo." Seo-Yun smiled softly at the woman and laid her hand on Ryeon's shoulder, giving a soft squeeze.

"Now go save her." Seo-Yun said and Ryeon clenched her jaw and walked out of her office. Seo-Yun stood still for a moment, a heavy feeling weighing over her.

Seo-Yun not much later, walked through the main hall of Jumadeung after returning from her last assigned case, she smiled when she spotted Joong-Gil walking from the elevator but her smile vanished when he grabbed one of the reapers and threw him aside. Seo-Yun's eyes widened and she transported in front of them.

"Mr Park! What are you doing?" She exclaimed, gripping his jacket tightly as he punched the reaper. In his fit of rage he threw her off causing her to land hard on the ground, she stood back up ignoring the pounding in her head and the metallic taste of blood in her mouth. He continued to land punch after punch, Seo-Yun grabbed his arm tightly and forced him against the wall, away from the bloodied reaper.