Chapter 13. | Finally Home & Surprises. |

It's actually a rainy day today

It's actually a rainy day today. I always wonder how people hate the rain, I love it.

It just gives me a calm, peaceful, relaxing feeling. Especially if you're in bed at night and it's falling hard.

That's the best nights or days but, best nights wrapped up in bed. Literally.

When I was a small kid, I use to think that whenever it rains is a sign that God is crying.

Or even weeping.

What a foolish thought? I don't know where I got that idea from actually.

Now driving through the streets of New York, I watched as the rain drops hit the windshield hard as I speed down the road. If this were another time, I would've stopped the car and got out in the rain and let it soaked me.

Mama always says the rain was nature's way of adding sparkle to the outdoors.

I truly believe it.

Finally, I'm home after two weeks and I'm truly happy. I just can't wait to see Sky. I didn't tell her I'm coming back today because I wanted to surprise her.

I have a lot of plans for today and I just hope everything goes as planned. As soon as I stepped into my home, I started doing what needed to be done.

Tomorrow I also need to collect King from Zina, we left him there because she's the only one he's usually around apart from us. "You're really doing this?" Silas asked from beside me as I started cooking.

"Yeah, why not. I need to ask her today." I responded.

"Even though I had no problem with it, I'm happy you've stop stuttering, though it may come once in a while." He said proudly and I grinned.

I've started seeing a speech therapist again, my stuttering does not come in every sentence again, but I still want it all gone.

"I'm happy too." I chuckled, taking out the rose petals and scattering them.

"Are you sure it's not a proposal?" He laughed as he helped me.

"Do you t-think it's too much?" I asked worriedly.

"No, not really." He answered honestly. "Although I've never had a relationship before so I wouldn't know."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Are you gonna wait until Zina finds herself a man?" I asked and he looked at me quickly.

"Did she?" He asked and I shook my head at his question.

"No, but are you gonna wait until she does?"

His face turned into a sad one at my question before he gulps. "No, I mean she wouldn't want someone like me who sleeps around." He scratched his head looking down.

"How would you know that? and a-anyways, why did you sleep around if you liked her so much?" I questioned.

Silas had a crush on this girl once and she used him for money, the worst part was that she took his money and gave her secretive boyfriend that she didn't tell Silas about and he almost went insane after knowing she used him just for money.