five

i didn't sleep for long because i was woken up by a strange noise. it sounded like... sniffling?

i sat up and turned to look st joão. he tried to hide his face, but i could see the tears coming from his eyes.

"joão? what happened? are you okay?" i worried for him.

"i'm fine. it's just... she was just starting to like him. the poem... it's just all so sad." he sniffled, trying to hold back the tears.

"oh joão..." i laughed and pulled him into a hug. i went to pull away but he didn't let go. he was faced down, on top of me, but he peeked his eyes out a bit so that he could still see the TV. i was still super tired so as i held him in my arms, i fell back asleep and didn't wake back up until morning.

-

i woke up with joão still on top of me. i tried to move as little as possible so i didn't disturb him. i grabbed my phone and checked the time. 10:34am. i tried to wiggle my way out from under him without waking him up but it was impossible.

all of a sudden, i felt him grip my waist. "stop moving around," he said, "i'm comfortable."

"joãoooo." i complained. "it's 10:35. please get up."

he didn't move. still holding on to my waist, i heard him snoring lightly on top of me. to let the time pass, i turned the TV on to a random channel and waited for him to finally get up.

-

a few hours later, he sat up. he stretched and yawned so loud.

"you're finally up." i said.

"good morning would be nice." he teased.

"it's the afternoon."

"whatever, same thing."

i got up while i still could and went to the bathroom. while i was in there, i washed my face and fixed my hair. when i came back out, joão was asleep again.

"joão." i shook him. "if you're gonna sleep all day then sleep at your own house."

"i'm up, i'm up."

he sat up and made room for me on the couch. i sat down and he laid back down on top of me, again.

"seriously."

"what? you're comfy."

-

the whole day we just layed around on the couch, watching tv and on our oh ones but around 4pm, he finally got up.

"i have to go. i've got practice. thanks for letting me stay here."

"it's not like you gave me much of a choice." i teased.

"not like you would have said no though."

"how do you know? i definitely would have said no."  i said, but i really meant i would say yes.

"yeah right." he smirked. i was walking him to the front door when he spoke again. "anyways, i have a game tomorrow. i was wondering if you wanted to come? there's already a seat for you if you want it, right above our bench."

"yeah sure, i'd love to come!" i said a little bit too fast as i began to unlock the door for him.

a smile appeared on his face. "great, i'll send you your ticket. see you tomorrow." he pulled me into a soft hug, then turned and walked out the door.

wow, i could get used to that, i thought.

-

i got out of the shower, got dressed, and brushed out my hair. i walked into the kitchen to try to find something to eat. my mom was cooking something.

"hey mom, is that dinner?"

"yeah, we're having spaghetti."

"mmmm... i can't wait." i smiled and got a glass of water.

"sooo, did joão spend the night? you guys have were cuddling on the couch all day, before i even woke up!"

"yeah, he did spend the night. we fell asleep and didn't wake up until like 12."

"you guys seem to be hanging out a lot! what's going on there?" she asked, smiling.

i blushed. "mom. stop! we're just friends."

"friends don't normally cuddle with each other." she teased.

were we just friends? after yesterday it didn't seem like it. we almost kissed, twice! and we did cuddle all day. but i don't know. if joão liked me, wouldn't he say it? plus if he did, would i even be ready for a relationship again? or would i still be off from last time?

-

tonight, my dad's going back to america to finish up the last things with the house and our cars. we all sat around the table eating together . my grandma didn't really eat much, or talk much for that matter. today must've just been a bad day for her because it hasn't been like that at all this past week.

after dinner, me and my dad cleaned up the kitchen while my mom helped my grandma back to her room. i washed dishes while my dad put the food away and cleaned the counters. when we finished and my mom came back out, we said bye to my dad. he told us he'd be back as soon as everything was finished up.

the rest of the night was spent in my room. i was scrolling through my social media's when my phone buzzed, a notification popping up on the screen. it was a text message from joão.

do you know what you're
gonna wear to the game
tomorrow?

not yet, why?

because i've got the
perfect idea...

and what would that be?

it's a surprise, open your
front door.

that's so creepy.

just trust me ;)

as the last text sent, i heard a slight knock on my door. i walked over to the window next to the door and saw him standing there and i opened it.

"hey, what are you doing here?"

"bringing you an outfit for tomorrow duh." he handed me a red piece of fabric. i folded it and held it up. it was his jersey! he wanted me to wear it tomorrow? "so will you wear it? to support me of course!"

"fine, i guess i will."

"nevermind then, i'll take it back and find someone else to wear it!" he teased.

i pulled the jersey away from him. "chill, i'm just kidding! of course i'll wear it."

"good. you'll look great in it." i blushed and he pulled me into a hug. he turned away and walked back to his car.

i went back to my room and tried it on. it was a bit oversized but damn. i have to admit, i look amazing in it. and it smelt of his cologne which made it even better.

i snapped a pic of me wearing it and sent it to joão.

i told you it would look
great ;) i can't wait to see
you wearing it in person
tomorrow.

i can't wait to wear it
tomorrow.

goodnight bea.

goodnight joão.

after that, i turned off my phone and went to bed.

-

thanks for all the reads guys!! i hope you're enjoying this so far:)