twenty two

we've been in qatar for about two weeks and i've started missing home. i talk to my parents everyday but i still miss them.

i woke up early today and saw joão before he went to practice. i didn't actually mean to wake up that early, so i knew i'd be bored the whole time during his practice.

i put on my swim suit after deciding to go swimming. i've been going swimming often these past weeks to pass some time. most of the times i've gone, i've been alone. but not this time.

i opened the door to the pool and heard loud screams and laughs. i saw georgina and her kids playing. at the noise of the door opening, she looked over at me and smiled.

"hey," she smiled. "do you want to come hangout with me and my kids?" she asked.

"um, yeah sure." i smiled back.

i walked over to a chair and set my things down. i took off my shirt and walked over to the stairs of the shallow end and walked into the pool.

since her kids are all very young, they swam in the shallow end wearing floaties as she sat with them.

she patted a seat next to her and i went to go sit down. i've talked to her a few times before when we were around the team, but never one on one. i was afraid of it being awkward but she started the conversation.

"are you enjoying yourself here?" she asked, making small talk.

"yeah, it's been really great lately. i'm just excited for the games to start."

"me too. me and all the kids enjoy watching their father play. don't we?" she tickled the small child that climbed into her lap. "this is eva."

the little girl, now known as eva, laughed in her mother's arms. a little boy then began to crawl into my arms.

"this is mateo." she said.

"hi mateo." i said as he relaxed into my arms.

"cristiano jr. is still in the hotel with our youngest, bella."

the other girl, that must've been alana, squeezed in between me and her mother and sat down.

for a while, we played with the kids as we talked about ronaldo and joão. she was really kind to me and her kids were cute. she had to go though when she got a call from cristiano jr. about the baby nonstop crying.

"thanks for spending time with me and my kids today." she laughed. "if you ever want to hangout with us again, maybe while our men are at practice, we're just down the hall."

"i didn't mind, your kids are so cute. i might just have to take you up on that offer." i smiled as she left.

i tanned for a bit then returned to my hotel room. i was showering when i heard the door open which meant joão had returned from practice.

i walked out in only a towel because i didn't bring a change of clothes into the bathroom. his eyes followed me around the room.

"hey." i smiled, grabbing my clothes. "can you turn around so i can change?"

"no." he teased.

"fine." i smirked.

i put on my underwear with the towel still on, then i dropped it. i faced away from joão so that he could only see my backside.

when all of my clothes were on, i turned back around to face him. he was staring at me with his mouth open. i laughed and walked over to him, kissing him before he went and showered.

-

the team planned for everyone to come down to the lobby to eat again so me and joão were on our way down. they've done it a few times so far so i was starting to get used to it.

joão pulled out my chair out for me then sat next to me. georgina was sitting on the other side of me and we started talking. after spending the morning with her, i started liking her more and more.

joão was talking to rafael who was sitting at the other side of him.

in the middle of my conversation, joão's hand found its way to my knee, drawing circles. i enjoyed his touch but went back to talking.

with every sentence i spoke, his hand inched upwards onto my thigh. i side-eyed him and he smirked at me.

even when our food was served, he still didn't move his hand. he scooted his chair a bit closer to mine and wrapped his ankle around mine. he pulled my ankle more towards him, opening my legs a bit. again he moved his hand up even more. i looked over at him, giving him a dirty look as he leaned closer to me.

"this is payback for earlier." he whispered in my ear and gripped the inside of my upper thigh.

i put my hand on his, trying to move it away, but he wouldn't budge. i sighed in defeat as i finished eating my dinner, continuing to talk to my new friend.

all of a sudden, he started rubbing the inside of my thigh, trying to tease me even more. i slapped his arm and he laughed to himself.

he finally moved his hand when my uncle approached us. i stood up and he pulled me into a hug.

"bea! how's my favorite niece?" he asked.

"i'm your only niece." i laughed. "but i'm good, how are you?"

"i'm doing well. very excited for the games to start." he said.

"me too."

"hey joão." he hugged him next.

"what's up."

"treating her right?" he teased.

"of course i am." he smirked at me.

my uncle excused himself to talk to the rest of the team. we were both finished with our food so we decided to go back to our room.

"treating me right huh? you're not funny." i said.

"it's what you get." he shrugged, pulling me closer to him and through our hotel room door.

-