eleven

i got out of the shower after i washed my hair. i decided to curl it for the event. i did my makeup like i normally did and then slipped on the pink dress. i looked hot. i paired it all with some silver heels and silver jewelry.

i waited for joão becoming nervous. i wondered if any of his teammates knew we were dating, and what they would think if they didn't. i was still excited though, i wasn't going to let those thoughts ruin my night.

i heard joão's car pull into my driveway and i didn't really feel like waiting for him to come to the door. i stepped outside snd began to walk to the car.

i climbed in, he was watching me closely. he was wearing one of the new outfits that we bought at the mall yesterday.

"hey." i smiled. "i like your outfit. you look great."

"thanks." he smiled but was still watching me. "you look..." he started. he leaned over and kissed me.

when we started driving, he placed his hand in mine, on top of my thigh. his thumb swiped against my hand the whole time.

we arrived and we walked hand in hand. as we were going in, we were getting lots of pictures taken of us by the paparazzi. joão seemed used to it so i didn't stress about it.

we walked inside and met his teammates, along with the dates that some of them brought.

"joão!" someone exclaimed.

"hey bruno!" he said and pulled him in for a hug.

while they talked, i saw my uncle pepe with ronaldo and his wife, georgina. i walked over to them and my uncle pulled me into a hug.

"i've missed you!" he said. "you've been too busy with joão everytime i've been over. i heard you two were dating." he raised his eyebrows.

"who told you that?" i blushed.

"it was pretty much a given at this point. all joão does at practice is talk about you. bruno finally got that information out of him the other day right before he asked you out."

"oh." i said. so they did know about us dating. wait, but he said he always talks about me. "you said he always talks about me?"

"yes, he doesn't stop."

"what does he say."

"he's always calling you beautiful, or perfect, and talks about the plans you guys have or the things you guys have done."

i smiled. i didn't know that he talked about me like that to other people. "that's sweet." i smiled.

"what's sweet?" joão asked, hugging me from behind.

"nothing, i just didn't know you talked about me to your team." i smiled at him.

"pepe! you told her?"

"how could i not! she's my niece!" they laughed together.

"how could i not talk about you? you're the best thing to ever happen to me besides my career." he whispered in my ear, giving me the chills but in a good way.

he grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the small group. he began leading me somewhere away from everyone. when we got there, it was just an empty room. i didn't know why he took me there, but i have to admit that i was glad to get away from everyone for a few minutes. he closed a door behind us, closing us into the room before pulling me to him.

"joão? what are we doing in here?" i asked.

"i just needed a minute to have you all to myself." he smirked and kissed me. this kiss was different from our normal careful and gentle kisses. this kiss was passionate and rough. it was like he was hungry for me.

between kisses, he said, "you look so amazing right now."

i blushed, pulling myself even closer to him. his hand cupped my ass, surprising me. i can't say i didn't like it, because i did like it, a lot. we kissed for a minute more before he pulled away.

"we should probably go back now," he said, sad that it had to be over. "before people start to wonder where we went."

i agreed and we made our way back. he kept touching me in any way he could, whether it be holding my hand, keeping his hand on my lower back, or holding my waist.

"do you want to stay over tonight?" he asked me when we were finally alone.

"i wish i could, but my mom has to leave in the morning so i have to stay home with my grandma." i said.

he looked upset but said, "it's fine, i understand."

the event was coming to an end and people began to leave. we made our last rounds talking to his teammates and saying goodbye. it felt like we were there for so long but in reality, it was only s few hours.

the last people we said goodbye to was my uncle. while they were talking he kept shooting me teasing looks, looking from joão to me.

"stop doing that." joão laughed when he caught him giving me yet another look.

we finished our conversation and started to say goodbye. "bye uncle pepe, it was really nice to see you!" i said.

"it was nice to see you too! next time i come over i hope you are actually home!" he joked.

-

joão kept shooting me looks while we walked through the parking lot.

"what?" i asked.

"nothing." he said. "it's just impossible to keep my eyes off of you." he said and kissed me as we got to the car.

we climbed in and drove home, the whole time his hand was on my thigh, maybe a little bit too high. he pulled into my driveway and got out to open my door for me.

"do you want to come in?" i offered. i didn't really want our night to end.

"if i come in, i won't be able to keep my hands off of you. not when you're wearing that dress." he said holding my waist and bringing me to him. "and i have practice in the morning again, so i have to get home."

i felt a wave of disappointment flash over me. "alright, goodnight joão."

"goodnight beautiful." he said.

i turned to walk away but he pulled me back, and closed the distance between us for the last time tonight. i walked inside with the biggest smile on my face, touching my lips. i really, really like him, i thought.

-

how are we feeling about this chapterrrrr? joão wants her so bad. what do you think will happen next?