nine

after watching TV for a bit, i was so tired and wanted to go to bed. i started to get up to go take off my makeup and wash my face but joão pulled me back down.

"joão, let go of me. i'm just trying to wash my face."

he let go of me and i went to the bathroom. when i came back, i climbed in again next to him. i laid down next to him and he turned to face me. i cuddled into him, entangling our legs. he wrapped his arms all the way around my waist so that i couldn't move away from him. i went to sleep and felt more safe than i ever have.

-

i woke up the next morning to an empty bed. i saw a note on the nightstand next to me.

hello my love,

i'm sorry, i completely forgot i had practice this morning but i will be back around 1, i promise. please stay, make yourself comfortable. i'll see you soon.

-joão

i opened my phone and looked at the time. 9:48am. wow, i'll have to wait a while for him, i thought.

-

i spent the rest of the day laying in his bed. it was so comfortable, i could get used to it.

at around 12:30, i head a knock at the door. i decided to ignore it but whoever it was, they wouldn't stop knocking. i didn't pay attention walking in last night because of how tired i was so i struggled to find my way to the door. when i finally found my way, i opened it to a man standing there.

"oh." he said. "you're not joão."

i laughed. "no, i'm not." this couldn't have been one of his teammates since they were at practice right now, so i wondered who it was.

"where's joão?" the man asked.

"at practice. who are you?"

"i'm antoine griezmann. i play for atletico madrid with joão." he said. "who are you? why are you here and joão isn't?"

"i'm bea, i'm his girlfriend." i said. it felt nice finally being able to say that.

"i never knew he had a girlfriend. when did you guys start dating?"

"ummm. last night." that probably sounded so dumb to him but i didn't want to lie.

"oh. congratulations?" we laughed.

"joão said he'll be back around 1, if you wanna come back then. or you can come in and wait for him, it's only half an hour." i suggested.

"sure, i'll come wait for him." he said. i opened the door wider and let him in. he went to the couch and sat down.

"i'll be right back, i just have to go to the bathroom." i said.

i walked back to his bedroom to grab my phone and i went into the bathroom. i sent a text to joão.

hey:)
i know you're at practice,
but just to let you know,
your friend is here waiting for
you to get home.

he responded a few seconds later.

we just got done, i'm on
my way back now. what
friend?

he said his name is
antoine griezmann.

hmm. i wonder what he
wants.

i don't know.

i walked back into the living room and spoke.

"joão said he's on his way back now." then i sat down on a chair on the other side of the room.

it was kinda awkward, i didn't know if i should leave him alone or what. thank god the door opened sooner rather than later.

joão came in and antoine stood up to greet him.

"what's up man?" joão said.

"i've gotta talk to you." he said.

they walked away into the kitchen. i could only make out a few words here and there but i didn't understand what their conversation was about. i couldn't help wondering.

when they finally came out, joão came to me.

"hey babe, thanks for staying." he said and then kissed me.

antoine walked past on his way to the door, "bye guys, nice meeting you bea."

"nice meeting you too." i smiled.

joão left to go shower and i walked back into his room, laying back down on the comfy bed. i don't know how i was so tired at 1pm, but i fell asleep while he was in the shower.

-

i didn't wake up until 6pm. i don't even know how i slept so long. the door was open, filling a delicious scent through the air. oh my god, he's cooking, i thought.

i got up and walked out of the room and into the kitchen. he was making chicken and pasta. im impressed, i never took him as the type to cook.

he was bent over the stove, mixing the pasta when i reached him. i wrapped my arms around him and he slid me in front of him.

"hey, how'd you sleep?" he asked.

"great, you're bed is so comfy. why'd you let me sleep for so long? i would've helped cook." i said.

"i didn't want to disturb you. plus, you look cute when you're sleeping." he said.

i blushed as he finished up the food. i wanted to be useful so i started loading the dishwasher with the dishes that he was done using. he put our food on plates and we sat at the table to eat.

his hand was on my knee under the table, swiping back and forth as we ate. we finished and cleaned up together and went back to his room.

"can you stay the night again?" he asked.

"i don't know, i don't have anymore clothes for tomorrow." i said.

"that doesn't matter. you can borrow mine. or you can wear nothing." he teased.

"someone wants me to stay a little too much." i laughed.

"who wouldn't?" he pulled me to him. "you're perfect. and you've gotta make it up to me for sleeping all day." he smirked.

"fine. if you insist." i agreed.

-

shorter chapter, but writing these are so much fun and i just wanted to update again. thank you guys sm for 2k reads <3