forty one

a few days later, joão decided he wanted to go to the practices to watch from the sidelines until he could play again. i agreed to go with since he couldn't drive himself there, and i knew that lina would be there.

we got out of bed and got ready, waking up and leaving the house later than we usually would since he didn't have to get there early. i was like half asleep behind the wheel but we made it there safely. i parked the car and we went into the stadium.

we met up with lina, who was already sitting in our normal spot. joão went down to the teams bench to talk to the coach for a bit while the team warmed up. normally lina and i took this as our time to talk without joão, who was standing with his coach on the field right now, but we saw someone walking towards him. a girl to be exact.

"is that fucking vera?" lina asked.

"oh my god." i complained.

"should we go over to him? help him out?"

"if she doesn't leave him alone we can. i kinda want to see what will happen first."

"okay, sounds good."

joão spotted vera walking towards him and flashed a look my way before vera got to him. she didn't see the look he gave me. he gave me an annoyed expression, almost like he was creeped out. i don't see why he wouldn't be, who shows up at someone's practice like that?

i couldn't hear their conversation but the first thing vera did was smile and say hello. she got really close to him so he leaned back a little bit. his coach walked away to give the team new directions for the drills they were doing, leaving him all alone.

"i wonder what she's saying to him right now." lina thought out loud.

"me too."

she put her hand on joão's arm, who took a step back right away. she took that as an opening to take two steps forward, getting even closer than before.

"oh hell no." i said, pushing myself up and out of my seat. lina smiled, almost like she was excited to see what was about to happen.

as i made my way over to them i heard her say, "what happened to that nasty girlfriend of yours? did you finally get rid of it?"

i walked even faster now, as joão turned his head to look at me. "thank you." he mouthed and i smiled at him.

"hi vera." i smiled sarcastically. "what are you doing here?"

"just checking up on joão. i see you're still around, surprisingly." she scoffed.

"i am." i smiled again. "it seems like joão doesn't want you here though. i mean, he was the one to block you."

"so that's why my texts aren't sending to you." she turned and looked at him. "can you unblock me please?" she smiled sweetly at joão.

"no." he said.

"why not?"

"i don't want to."

"yeah, obviously he doesn't want you here." i spoke up again.

"okay and? i want to be here."

"okay and, leave. how did you even get in here? this place has so much security."

"easily. i told them i was joão's girlfriend. i guess i'm more fit for the position than you if they believed me."

lina turned to walk away and i already knew where she was going.

"even if that was true, it isn't, i would never want you." his hand softly touched my waist. "or even want to look at you to be exact." he mumbled so only i could hear.

lina came back with a security guard. when she noticed, she gave me and her, who was now standing next to me, a dirty look.

"time to go." the security guard said. he was big and buff, honestly really scary looking. "we've been informed about what's been happening and you're never allowed in this stadium again. if you do come here, you'll be arrested." he crossed his arms.

"yeah right." she scoffed.

"you want to test it?" he said. "you can come with me now and leave, or i can call the cops and they can make you leave."

"fine." she said.

she looked joão up and down with a smile before turning towards me and lina. she once again gave us a dirty look before turning and walking away with the security guard.

"what kind of person does that? she's fucking insane." joão said when she was far away from us, so she couldn't hear.

"you guys should get a restraining order." lina said. "i'm being so for real, she's literally stalking you." she pointed at joão. "how did she even know you would be here, you didn't post it anywhere. and she literally got in here with no problem."

"maybe you're right." joão said.

"yeah, i don't know. she's just fucked up." i said. "maybe she needs a friend or something."

"a friend? she needs therapy." joão said causing both me and lina to laugh as we nodded our heads in agreement.

"thanks for saving me by the way." he said when we stopped laughing.

"no problem. but now that's taken care of and she's gone, bea and i are going to go sit back down. we'll see you when practice is over." she said.

"okay, see you after." he smiled at lina and leaned down to kiss me.

we walked back into the stands and talked while scrolling through our phones for the rest of the practice. when they finished, joão and i drove home.

-

guys can we talk about joão's new post from today. oh my god he looks so good in all of the pictures.

this fucking picture oh my god

HIS ARMS.