seven

still pressed up against the car, i thought about his question, "can i kiss you?" i finally responded.

"yes." i whispered. i spoke so soft that if the wind blew, even just a little bit, you wouldn't be able to hear it.

he slowly brought his face closer to mine. i leaned in slightly, his hang gripping the back of my leg as he held me up. his lips met mine and i felt a rush go through my entire body. we almost kissed twice but now that it was actually happening, it felt too good to be true. every time i imagined it, i never expected it to feel so good.

when his lips left mine, i instantly felt empty. a feeling that was never there before. he moved his leg from under me and set me down. i was still pressed against the car.

"god." he said, before pressing his lips to mine again. i never wanted it to stop. he grabbed my waist, pulling me even closer. we didn't stop for at least a few minutes. when he pulled apart he almost looked pained. i was feeling that way too, i felt empty once more.

he walked me to my door, softly kissing me again before i opened the door to go inside.

"goodnight bea." he said. "thanks for coming today." he hugged me.

"i wouldn't have missed it." i said smiling. "goodnight."

i opened the door and went inside. my mom was sitting in the kitchen. i looked over and her and she was raising her eyebrows up and down, grinning. she definitely saw that.

"oooooh." she said.

"stop mom." i blushed and walked into my room.

i pressed a finger to my lips. that was amazing, i thought. i grabbed my pillow and screamed into it.

-

i finally calmed down enough to go to bed but i was still thinking about the kiss and how perfectly his lips felt against mine. i wondered where this left us now.

i turned off my light and got into my bed. i turned on the TV and turned off my phone. after a while, i dozed off.

-

i woke up the next morning to a knock on my bedroom door.

"come in." i yelled. my mom walked in with a smile on her face.

"what?" i asked.

"someone's here to see you!" she exclaimed, looking a little too happy.

"who?" i asked.

"guess." she said. "let's just say you've seen them pretty recently. like last night recently."

"oh god." i hopped out of bed, putting on sweats and a sweatshirt over top of my spandex and tank top.

"he's waiting for you on the couch. i told him you were sleeping but he wanted to talk now."

i walked out of my room, extra nervous. my mom was making this seem bad.

"hey." i smiled and he stood up.

"hey, can we maybe talk in private? like outside... or in your room." i looked over and my mom was staring at me with her, obviously trying to eavesdrop.

"yeah, come with me." i led him into my room, locking the door behind me. we sat down on my bed, facing each other, as i waited for him to say whatever it is he was about to say.

"so about last night," he started.

"oh, if you regret it, i understand." i interrupted. i tried to make myself look more confident, but inside i was feeling sad.

"no, not at all! that was amazing, even better than me scoring yesterday." he smiled, reassuring me. "anways, what i was saying, about last night, i really enjoyed it. and i was hoping you did too."

"i did." i said.

"great." he smiled, putting his hand on my knee. "so then, i was wondering, if you wanted to go out on a real date with me. i've been wanting to ask you since i met you, but i wasn't sure how you would react."

"hmmm." i said. "i'll have to think about it." truth is, i obviously would love to go out on a date with him, but i wanted to see him a little nervous. he kept tracing things on my knee as i stayed silent. i looked around the room as i felt his eyes watching me, waiting for my answer. "i'm just joking. i would love to go on a date with you." i smiled.

he sat up on his knees, then tackled me into the softness of my bed, kissing me.

when he stopped, i asked him, "do you wanna stay the day?"

"no, i wish i could, but i've got practice in an hour. i wanted to come now because i knew if i waited, i would've chickened out." he smiled. "but about our date, i was thinking maybe tomorrow? at 8pm? i already got us a reservation at a restaurant."

"it sounds perfect." i said, my hand rubbing his back as he laid on top of me.

"thank god. i couldn't stop thinking about you all night." he admitted.

"me too." i said.

he got up. i wish he could stay, i didn't want to have to wait to see him again until tomorrow.

i walked him outside to his car. he hugged me and turned to get into his car but turned back around suddenly.

"oh yeah, bring a change of clothes, you can spend the night at my house tomorrow." he said.

before my brain even registered what he said, he was in his car, smiling through the rolled up window. i took a step back and waved as he pulled out of my driveway.

when he turned off of my street, i turned to go back inside. i went back into my room and went back to sleep, dreaming of our date tomorrow.

-

updating two times in one day? i was so excited to write this chapter i couldn't wait to upload again. what do you think about this? and their date tomorrow??