fifty

lina, joão, and i got off the plane in london. already, the view was beautiful. we grabbed our suitcases and got in the car, heading to the apartment building we all lived in.

we decided to stay in an apartment because we didn't know how long he'd be playing for chelsea yet. we stayed on different floors than lina though because there wasn't any available options for two apartments on the same floor.

the first few days we spent settling in. joão had multiple meetings to get ready for his chelsea debut. he also had practices, check ups, and photo shoots.

while he was off, lina and i spent lots of time together helping each other unpack and hanging out.

"knock knock!" lina yelled through the closed door before walking in.

"lina! hey!"

"do you have plans today?"

"no, joão has another busy day." i sighed. "it's so much fun to have a boyfriend when he's transferring clubs." i joked.

"well, i was thinking. i was out getting coffee and i saw this cute little restaurant. it's literally like right outside our apartments. want to go get lunch there?"

"of course!" she clapped her hands together before i went to go get ready to go out.

-

the restaurant was nice, just like she said. it was a bit slow so our waiter seated us right away and took our order quickly.

i looked down at my phone for a bit, only looking up when the waiter brought out our meals. it looked good already.

"enjoy!" he said before walking back to the kitchen.

as soon as lina tasted it, her eyes lit up. "wow. this is like, the most amazing thing i've ever tasted."

"it is pretty good." i laughed.

she took another bite, and another, and another. it was gone so fast. she ate it all in like under a minute.

"wow, that was so good." she put her hands on her stomach. "but maybe i shouldn't have eaten it so fast. now i think i'm about to puke." she said, causing me to laugh.

"excuse me ladies, i don't mean to interrupt." a man stood before us. "how was your meal?"

"heavenly." lina spoke up.

"thank you,"

"you're welcome?" she questioned.

"oh, i forgot to introduce myself. my name is noah, i'm the chef. sometimes i like to see what people think if things are slow, which isn't very often." he laughed.

"i'm lina, and your cooking is amazing." she smiled and shook his hand.

"nice to meet you lina. i hope you come back here sometime."

"trust me, i will." she laughed.

he stared at her for a minute, smiling, before walking away.

"lina! oh my god!"

"what?"

"did you not see the way he was looking at you!? and asking you to come back! he definitely wants your number." i smiled.

-

we finished our lunch and the waiter came over to us, giving us our check.

"by the way, the chef asked me to give this to you." he handed her a piece of paper before walking away.

"it's his number." she showed me the paper.

we put our money on the table before we left the restaurant.

"oh come on! you've got to text him!"

"i don't know, it's a little bit soon. don't you think?"

"no, never too soon." i smiled as we went home.

-

a few days later, lina and i got ready for the game together. joão had now given me three jerseys, his chelsea one being part of my new collection.

joão had to get to the field early to finish up something before his debut. we decided to walk to the stadium because it was so close. on our way, we had to walk past the restaurant.

"oh god." lina said, noticing that noah was outside. "pretend like you don't see him." she whispered, walking faster. i haven't been able to convince her to text him, every time i bring it up she changes the subject.

"lina?" noah stepped in front of us. "good to see you again. where are you headed?"

"nice to see you too, were headed to the chelsea game."

"funny because i am too. mind if i walk with you?"

"of course not! you should even come sit with us!" i spoke up, winking at lina.

"how? don't you have certain seats." he said, confused.

"i'm dating joão félix, we sit in a special section with the wags. i can get you in." i said, lina gave me a dirty look.

"perfect, let's go then!" lina said.

-

the whole game was fun, lina and noah couldn't stop talking. i barely could get any words out to lina but i didn't mind. it's a relief seeing her happy since everything with mateo happened.

joão was playing very well, carrying his team throughout the whole game. he created so many chances and dribbling around defenders. they lost 2-1 but joão did score. it was an awesome goal, an assist from mason mount and joão headed it into the back of the goal. it's crazy how he's only played one game but has really helped chelsea already. all three of us waited outside the locker room for him.

"hey, you played amazing." i said when he came out.

"thank you." he walked over and kissed me.

"that's noah, the chef i told you about." i introduced them.

"nice to meet you." they exchanged.

joão drove everyone home, dropping noah off at his house.

"lina, you've got to text him now." i said when he had left.

"maybe. i'll think about it." she blushed and pushed back farther into her seat.

"come on, you guys were basically foaming at the mouth for each other! i could barely talk to you!"

"i said i'll think about it!" she laughed.

joão placed his hand on my thigh as we drove home. i already knew that we would all like london.

-

guys i know joão got a red card and didn't score on his debut but let's pretend like all is well and he didn't 😍😜.