thirty six

joão starts going back to practice today. he asked if i wanted to go watch and i told him i would so i woke up to his alarm with him to get ready.

i wore sweatpants and a hoodie with crocs. i put my hair in a claw clip and i was ready to go. joão looked really good in his practice uniform. he grabbed his things and we walked out to the car.

when we got to the stadium, he walked with me to the stands to show me where to sit. he kissed me before he left to go practice. i sat down and decided to scroll through my phone until i felt someone sit right next to me.

"hey!" lina said.

"hey, what are you doing here?" i asked her.

"my dads the manager so i can come whenever i want. it's kinda fun to watch so i was planning on coming anyways but then i saw you." she smiled.

"i'm glad your here. no offense but i'd probably fall asleep if i was by myself. i'm never up this early." we laughed.

"that's funny. by the way, after your birthday dinner a few days ago, vera texted me."

"oh god, what'd she say?"

"she basically was just like calling me names and saying i chose your side. but like there isn't sides, she's just psycho. i ended up blocking her on everything so she can't reach out again or find us when we're hanging out."

"no way, she literally needs a restraining order put on her." i laughed.

the team finished warming up and we started watching. we talked the whole time but she was right, watching their practice is a bit entertaining.

the practice was 3 hours long but halfway through, they get a 15 minute break. obviously that isn't the only break they get, they have other water breaks.

during those 15 minutes, joão came and found us.

"hey." he smiled, sitting down on my other side. "lina, nice to see you."

"nice to see you too." she smiled back.

"you enjoying?" he asked.

"yeah, it's kind of fun to watch. and i like the view." i smirked.

"the view huh." he said, taking a sip of his water.

"duh."

"so, the team was talking about an event tonight, literally every footballer is invited. do you wanna go?"

"yeah sure." i smiled.

"great." he said before leaving to go back to practice.

"are you going to go?" i asked lina.

"no, my dad might invite me to practices but not normally events." she laughed.

-

after practice was over, we said goodbye to lina and went home. the event wasn't until later so i took a nap while joão showered. when i woke back up, it was time to get ready.

i wore a long black dress and straightened my hair. i paired it with my new necklace from lina and of course, my ring from joão. he wore a black suit, i had to help him with his tie.

before leaving, i put on my heels. they weren't too tall to where i couldn't walk in them, but they also weren't too short. we climbed into the car and joão drove us to the venue.

when we pulled into the parking lot, it was already packed. the parking lot was huge but there were barely any spaces open. when we finally found one, joão opened my car door for me and led me inside.

i'd recognized so many players already. when i saw ronaldo and georgina standing across the room i grabbed joão's hand, practically dragging him over to them.

"hi." i smiled.

"bea!" georgina said, greeting me with a hug. i hadn't seen her since we'd moved and i honestly missed her. "how are you? i've missed you!"

"i'm great. i've missed you too! how are you?"

"i'm doing good."

we talked a bit more before we started walking around again to see some of his other friends which i'd never met before. he had at one point excused himself to go to the bathroom, leaving me alone.

a familiar figure had approached me, i think i've seen him play before. he had brown hair and looked to be younger than me.

"hey, i'm gavi. and you are?" he smiled.

i remembered who he was now. he plays for spain. i'd seen him when joão played against them.

"i'm bea." i smiled and turned to walk away to look for joão.

"wait, can i buy you a drink?" he asked.

"um, no thanks."

"oh, in that case, are you here with anyone?"

i nodded as my eyes locked with joão across the room. he started to make his way over. "i'm here with my boyfriend."

"boyfriend?" he asked.

"yeah, boyfriend." joão came up from behind him.

"joão?" gavi smiled. "what's up? long time no see."

"hey man, excuse us." he smiled and grabbed my hand, walking right past gavi. "what was that about?" he asked when we were out of earshot.

"i don't know, he just wanted to buy me a drink."

"i'm the only one who should buy you a drink." he smirked, grabbing my waist and kissing me before continuing to walk around.

"what?" i laughed. "did that bother you."

"no. i know you're mine. he couldn't have you if he tried." we approached another person, cutting our conversation short.

the rest of the night joão didn't leave my side. i met many other players like jude bellingham, neymar, pedri, and mbappe, i even saw greizmann again. i swear joão knew everyone. i don't think there was a person we didn't say hi to.

it got pretty late and people started to leave. joão pulled the car up for me so i didn't have to walk too far. we went home and i showered before going to bed.

-

i saw this picture of joão and magui from today and i cried

i saw this picture of joão and magui from today and i cried. he deserves so much better thank her (aka me).