Chapter 1

"Molten, hurry up we're gonna miss it!"

"I am coming 'Digger! I am coming!"

The sound of rapid steps could be heard throughout the forest as two kids ran down the dirt path leading to a village. Surrounded by trees and bushes, their voices rang all across the land, scaring away birds from their nests with their loud noises.

These two boys were rather unusual bunch. The one dashing in front had green ruffled hair and pale skin, whilst the one struggling to keep up had bright orange locks almost akin to flames that complemented his darker skin tone. Both were dressed in hand-me down clothes, patched with different colored fabrics. They buzzed with adrenaline and excitement. To experience their first battle was something unreal and to sneak out of their grandfather's castle heavily guarded at all times was even more unheard of.

As soon as they got closer to the exit opening to a wide field used for agriculture, gun shots echoed making their blood run cold. They froze, slowly creeping to a bush on the hill above the battlefield.

"I told you this is where he was!!" said the green haired one, proudly.

His brother however, wasn’t as  ecstatic. His eyes were firmly kept on ongoing battle. On one side stood a mighty man, with long dark hair and sharp features, his blue eyes alone could make one's soul leave their body. The 'Titan' held his head up high, towering over the many zombies before him, his crystal crown shining brightly in the afternoon sun.

On the other side, a whole army was preparing to attack. A man in dark blue military attire yelled orders to his troops, to fire or to stand back. Soldiers ran around, fighting off waves of zombies, one after another.

The green haired boy known as 'Gravedigger', turned back to his brother who had yet to say anything about the affair. His face softened, seeing his older brother so scared always tugged at his heart.

"Oh Molten, you know titans and towers always fight! Did you think father never joined in?"

"I know... But still...why does he have to hide from us?" whispered Molten, his eyes still away from his brother.

"Probably didn't want to scare you" shrugged Gravedigger.

Molten blinked, "... Me?"

"I mean yeah.... I kinda suspected this is where he goes off to... "

"Oh." whispered Molten.

Silence settled between them. Despite knowing Fallen King often left to fight off Towers just like their other titan kin, it hurt Gravedigger to accept the fact that their father was blatantly lying to them. No wonder whenever he came back he was exhausted and sometimes even injured. Although he never showed it in front of them, his younger child always saw right through his facade.

Another loud bang followed by a yell broke Gravedigger out of his thoughts, looking back to see his father kneeling, holding onto his side in pain. Rangers targeted him albeit the Guardians being closer, this precious moment could bring them yet another victory against their enemies.

After the initial shock went away, Gravedigger bolted down the hill with Molten yelling after him to stop. It took a moment for Molten to gather the courage to run after his bold brother, but he did. He was the eldest, he had to protect his young sibling at all cost. One of the rangers saw the boys and called the Commander franticaly. Harming a child Titan or even Tower could mean breaking the truce created after the War of the Ancients. Which in turn would start a whole new one.