Chapter 36

Two weeks... Almost three. Three weeks since thier lives had changed. Gone were the evenings they spent together...Gone were the fighting lessons in the mornings.. Gone were the visits they used to make to other Titans... Gone were the adventures they used to go on... Gone were the smiles that took so long to form back after Krampus had left...

Frost Spirit wasn’t blind. The elders tried to keep their spirits up but he could tell they were faking it. People were losing hope, how could they not? An uncharted dimension, an unstable portal, a reluctant magic wielder. Spells disaster all together. He watched several meetings go nowhere.. They always ended up with an argument.. Something broke the day Grave and Fallen disappeared. Just like when Krampus had.. His father... How delusional do you have to be to hold on to the hope that after three years he would still be alive?
Why would Gravedigger even care that much anyway? He wasn't his parent, not even his uncle if we were to speak the truth.. So why do it? Why... Why.. Why? To prove something? To show off? No. Can't be. Grave's smarter than that...

Frost traced the notes hung up on the board with his finger. He found himself quite often looking over the planning done by Grave and that weird Tower. In the room that was once his cousin's... A place of memory.
More and more people were acting like everyone that passed through the portal died... And maybe they aren't wrong. Maybe it would be best to keep the portal shut... Destroy it before someone else makes the mistake of activating it...

However, part of him still held onto to the smidge of hope that at least his cousin and uncle could make it out alive..There was no way his father was alive but at least them.... Ughh!
Why couldn't that little-...j-just keep his nose out of it?!
Why after so many years did Grave decide to play the hero?... And why him? Frost looked back towards the writing on the wall with a huff, it was Titan tongue no doubt. He can tell what some of the symbols are but whole words? Even his uncle could barely read them. Titan magic is hard to manage, the words themselves aren't complicated but the precision with which they have to be said is. A wrong letter and everything could go up in flames... Or so he was told. And yet, here was his little cousin, barely a Titan himself, opening a gateway older than his own father on his first try. Why him..? How-?

The door creaked open slowly, a little red eye peaking through. Frost recognised the small nose and chubby cheeks under the eyes immediately, his little brother had come through.

"What'cha doing here?" asked Ducky as he wandered in, closing the door behind him.

"Reading."

Ducky puffed, his dear older brother and his stupidly short answers.
" What'cha reading?" he pressed, smiling cheekly at the young man.

Frost sighed, "... Aren't you supposed to be with Molten?"

"Ms. Medic is with him. Said she had something important to do wit'im."

Frost's shoulders tensed, his breathing even, "And you left him alone with her?"

Ducky raised his hands in defense, "H-hey.. You know Medic's nice! Molten likes her a lot! I am sure he is fine!"

Frost fully turned towards Ducky, a slight edge to his gaze, "What did uncle say when we got here?"

Ducky backed away a little, "W-wha?.. Oh. Umm, always stick together?"

The older Titan crossed his arms over his chest, "And what did you do?"

"... Left him." answered Ducky as he swallowed the lump in his throat.