Chapter 25

It had been almost two days since the incident yet it felt like forever. The base had never been such a fiasco in a long time. No leader therefore no orders which in turn meant everyone ran around barely knowing what to do for hours. It took a while but as the acceptance settled in after a night of no sleep, it was Medic who stepped up to take the mantle in honor of her closest friend. However, she decided against telling their higher ups about what had happened, in the event that the Commander did return, surely he would want his position back without a fuss and she isn't in the mood to deal with some newcomer especially now when her bff just disappeared.
Despite keeping her cool and collected demeanor inside she was a mess too, first poor little Scout left and now Commander? Who else is going to disappear? Dj? Engineer? Who knows... And to think Com' left all alone with one of the most intimidating Titans out there gave her actual goosebumps. She never hated the Titans, but boy are they not scary!
I mean sure there were some walking around the base freely. She saw what Lord Sinister could do the moment his brother had gone through the portal... He ruined a large portion of their equipment out of sheer panic... not even rage before the soldiers could sedate him which in turn angered Swordmaster who started a fight with the Warden followed by some soldiers and on top of that scared the already unconsolable, faint-of-heart Molten. Medic couldn't blame him though, seeing someone as bulky and resilient as Sinister fall unconscious in a matter of seconds was somewhat unnerving. Void Reaver himself was not too pleased with his youngest son's predicament but would rather this than deal with his wrath or start another war with the military. Only the Pumpkin King can know just how much he can destroy at once.

He was calmer the moment he woke but still shaken up at the reminder of his big brother. Frost Spirit refused to leave Molten's side knowing full well the boy will either not sleep or tear up at any given time until Fallen and Grave return safely in front of him.
Ducky on the other hand was sort of lost... He wanted to stay with his uncle Sinister... He too was terrified but the adults kept ushering him away.. He wanted to help Frost Spirit who he had not seen so distressed in a while but did not know how.. And all of this because Gravedigger couldn't keep his nose out of someone else's business...
Why did he have to find out the truth now?! And bring a Tower into it?! He was practically begging for a war!
The more he thought about it the less he could understand just what was Grave thinking?! Now was definitely not the time to go willy-nilly into a different dimension... Can't he see the pain he brings his family...stupid hybrid... Wait...no! Ducky stopped himself abruptly, that sounded like old Swordbutt, he doesn't agree with the fossile man. No, no, Grave doesn't deserve that especially not after the disaster that happened at the meeting and in front of everyone, that just made it even worse...

Ducky huffed continuing down the hall, as he made his way to Molten's infirmary room. He knew Frost was there, he needed someone to talk to and the adults were not helping soothe his fear.. More like they were increasing it... The situation was bad... Really bad...even he could tell.

He knocked lightly on the door, hearing footsteps from inside walk up to respond. Cracking it open he peaked in.

"Frosty? Can I come in?"

The young man nodded swiftly, seeing a Tower approach them, "Of course, get in here!"

After a rather rough pull and a quick door shut to avoid confrontation, Ducky looked up at the bed in the middle of the small room. Molten was sitting up, eyes never leaving the ground as he played with a string from the white blanket.
He did not really seem in the mood for talking. Ducky could hear his stuffed nose, sniffling every once in a while as his eyes fought back tear after tear. He genuinely felt bad for his cousin even if they weren't all that close, no one deserves to see their family disappear out of nowhere. He couldn't think what it would feel like if Sinister was gone.