Chapter 28

Void Reaver walked along the dim lit corridor. It had been almost a whole week since his son and grandson had left through the portal. The tension between Titans and Towers was now higher than ever. Their kin across the land heard about Fallen and Grave's departure and they were upset to say the least. Titans getting banished was trully a terrible thing. When it first happened with Krampus it was easily forgotten by people outside of the family but now with two newly recent cases it was becoming a problem. A threatening problem to be exact. Even with the news of two Towers disappearing with them, most still believed it was a trick... A malicious plan to rid the world of their people... They killed Krampus and then manipulated the kid to go after him, dragging his father with him through the process.

Void didn't know what to think.. On one hand he knew the Towers are just as worried about their leader and child as they are about their family members.. But what if it was a hoax? Ughh... This situation was draining him the more he tried to comprehend it .. He took a couple steps before finally reaching the backdoor that led to the training grounds. He couldn't sleep so why not get some fresh air... Not a being in sight since it was midnight. However, the quiet area didn't do much to clear his thoughts, his worries... It was his son that was gone... Not just some random other Titan. First Krampus, now Fallen, who's next? Sinister?... He sighed deeply, closing his eyes as he leaned on the railing surrounding the small arena, the wood creaking.

"Why so sad, you doofus?"

Void spun around at the sharp voice, an old soul behind it for sure.
"Oh Swordmaster, it's just you."

"Who else could it be this late at night?" he asked, as he wrapped his arms around his lover's waist.
He scanned carefully Void's face, it wasn't adorned with that annoying smile of his... The smile that made his own heart beat faster... Instead it seemed just borderline lifeless... Magenta eyes blinking at him slowly between the unnaturally pink curls.

"What saddens you so greatly?" he continued, brushing his thumb against the man's face.

Void leaned closer, tugging to the old Titan's waist too, "I am just worried about Fallen... And Gravedigger.."

Swordmaster sneered at the names, eye darting away, "Hmph....Those two had it coming."

Void's brows furrowed, "... What are you on about?"

Swordmaster scoffed, pulling away, "That hybrid was a trouble maker from the beginning! And Fallen was stupid enough to let him fall out of line... With a child like that there was only so much time until he did something dumb enough to endanger lives. And his father followed suit, leaving his other son and for what? A child that never belonged to him? The boy is not even a full Titan. Why risk everything for him? "

Void sighed as he intervened,
" Swordmaster- "

The man grabbed him by the shoulders, " No. You know I am right. As hurtful as it is. That boy was not worth sacrificing for. Fallen was just naive enough to think that child was his to begin with. And look where that got him. The same fate as Krampus. That buffoon thought he could save his brother by begging Towers to help and now Gravedigger leaves with the aid of a Tower. It is bound to end in disaster when 'they' are involved. Hmph.. We wouldn't even be here in the first place if that boy knew to listen to his elders. He got his brother shot and his father almost killed on the battlefield. And you are telling me he is worth dying for?! "