Chapter 32

The small hospital room was dimly lit by the morning sun pouring through the red curtains. Molten watched as it shined on the wall, a warm yellow light... It felt nostalgic. Like an early training at dawn with his father. Or when he and Frost would have an evening walk through the woods surrounding their home.
He felt something poke at his heart... Almost like a needle.. He missed their family being together.. his father...his little brother... What might they be up to now? Are they ok? Did they find uncle Krampus? Have they even found each other?....Will he ever see them again?

No, Molten... None of those thoughts.. Go away... Shoo..!

As hard as he tried he couldn't shake away his grandfather's words..they haunted him... If even the Void Reaver couldn't stay positive then what chances did he have?

His heart raced again... He always hated that feeling...When one's heart is loud enough to engulf their ears in an ever going battle to breathe....to keep calm. It was hard...especially without his dear father to soothe his worry.. He always knew what to say... What to do... Did he ever felt this scared?... Or was his father just as fearless as he grew up seeing him as?
He knew for a fact Gravedigger definitely is... Ever since they met, Grave never backed down from a challenge... He loved the thrill.. But not quite in the same negligent style as uncle Sinister... And definitely not in the way Swordmaster explained it, as he berated his brother in front of everyone. He saw Grave's utter fear as Swordmaster grabbed him that day, the fury in his eyes as he yelled back.
Grave was not like him.. He was stronger, he stood his ground and next thing they knew he was gone.
Without hesitation he went into the unknown, that is not something a weak soul could do. Not with everything on the line.. And the boy that was with him... Scout. He was just as brave to follow him in the end.
He too wanted to meet Scout. Grave spoke highly of him the first few days... Then he came to visit less...and less... His last visit was cut short by the meeting between the factions.
However, it was just long enough for Molten to catch on. He could tell something was wrong with his brother... And he was right..

He hugged his pillow close as a tear sled down his cheek. Why would his brother not tell him about the plan? Why did Frost and Ducky know but he didn't? Does Grave not trust him? Did he think he was going to spill the truth if someone questioned him? Is that how incompetent his brother thought he was? How frail?
He buried his face into the soft pillow, feeling it slowly stick to his face as his tears dampened the cover. He is the older brother! He should be the one protecting Grave! Not the other way around!... Was Swordmaster right?
His hurtful words echoed in his mind, "How pathetic can you be, boy?! Lift that scythe again! HIGHER! Strike like a Titan! What would your father say? That his son can't even fight?! What a disapointment on our family's name!"
He remembered that training session.. He ran away in tears... Only for his father to find him later and comfort him... He never judged Molten.. No matter how bad he screwed up.. Or how scared he would be of the smallest of things... He could use his dad's comforting presence right now.

A light knock on the door had Molten brush his tears away. The clicking sound of Medic's heels let him know who was about to walk through. And there she was... She looked more drained than ever... Molten could only imagine how hard it must be to run an entire army on your own...
Despite the dark circles under her eyes, she greeted him warmly,
"Hello there, sweetheart! Sorry it took a little longer to come see you. I had an... 'incident' to deal with on the training grounds today. "

She put down her clip board, finally gazing towards the boy. Her smile faded upon seeing his puffy eyes. Those small rosy cheeks barely dry from his tears. It made her heart shatter." Molten, noble heart, what happened to you? "