Chapter 44

Gravedigger swayed slightly on his feet as he waited in front of the door to the meeting room. It loomed over him as if it was threathening him, an unnnerving feeling.. Despite last night passing so peacefully. With Scout waking him up lightly as he left to get to roll call for his training. The halls were empty as most soldiers were still outside, a person every now and then passing by him. Scout was soon to be finished with his morning routine and they could finally get this over with....

Today they are to receive their punishment...from Engineer.

Grave didn't exactly know what to expect from her and in the end that only made waiting even more nerve-racking than before... She seemed a little...mean for a lack of better words. And Scout with his vague jokes about her being far more cold-blooded  than Commander were not giving him any comfort. It must have been visible just how nervous he was as he heard a voice quip from behind him.

"What are you so worried about, child?"

The young Titan didn't recognise that voice at first.. He swung around, a little stunned as to who was talking to him.

Accelerator was leaning against the wall a mere two feet away from the boy. Goodness, he hadn't even heard him come up to him...Just who does this guy think he is, an assassin? The man's expression was hidden by his odd mask, in the purple 'eye' Grave could only see his own reflection staring back at him.

Weird...

"A little rude to not answer to a friendly question. Is it not?"

Grave blinked curiously, "I..uh I am sorry. What did you ask me? I wasn't paying attention.."

He clicked his tongue, "I could tell... You look a little stressed, child. What's the matter?"

Grave shrugged, "Oh, nothing.. just waiting to see the Engineer"

"Ah..Engi...Good lady.." he sighed dreamily, "Too bad she is not one to forgive all that easily" he concluded, leaning closer to Grave.

The boy felt a little intimidated, not by the man's words as much as by his overall demeanor. It felt...shady. Wrong.
He felt like a walking stranger danger poster..There was something so odd about him... If not somewhat familiar..?
No Tower walks over to a Titan, and a child no less, just to make 'friendly' coversation... Especially not one of the most feared fighters... He had heard of Accelerator before, a terrifying weapon of mass destruction on the battle field..

Some say he wasn't even human...

Grave backed away a little, "I am sorry, what's it to you?"

He tilted his head, "Hmm?"

"Why do you care?"

The Tower rose to his feet as he shrugged calmly, "Oh nothing... Just wanted you to know who you are dealing with, child.. I would watch my back if I were you..."

"Are we having a problem here?"

They both turned to face Frost Spirit coming from down the hall. The Titan had his arms crossed, his blue glare piercing right through Accelerator.
The Tower measured him with his eyes for a moment, he could take this kid out quickly. Slim build, clearly not a heavy hitter, taller than him sure but easy to tire out even in fast combat...he was unexperienced and it was seeable from a mile. How interesting it will be to see him fight in their little family 'training'.
She would make sure of that...Oh well, soon enough. Patience, Accel.
As fun as it was teasing their little green haired puppet, now there was too much attention on him and frankly he wasn't a fan of it whatsoever.