Chapter 12

All hell broke loose at the base. A group of workers were hurrying to the garage with the Engineer in the front. Despite it being almost 3AM sleep was no longer an option, two children just disappeared off of the radar, the portal they took shut down, supplies went missing and no one knew what to do.
The Commander was pacing back and forth, yelling orders that fell on deaf ears, everyone was panicking, running around aimlessly.
All Fallen could do was watch, his youngest son, his son disappeared through the same portal that left him without his brother. Internally he was crushed, he just sat on a crate contemplating on what to do. Soon enough the other Titans arrived at the scene, all but Molten who was still in the infirmary, they spent the night at the base planning to leave in the morning. Sinister was the first to step forward pulling his older brother into a hug. Despite how stoic his brother was, Sinister could tell with ease he was distressed, he too couldn't help but feel terrified, his nephew was gone, a Tower child left with him which could mean war.

Frost Spirit and Ducky looked at one another, they couldn't believe Grave actually went through with it. Not only that but Scout joined him, a Tower helping a Titan. The atmosphere startled Ducky a little, first being awakened in the middle of the night by sirens going off after an explosion strong enough to shake the base happened and now they find out the crazy plan Grave had actually worked... And they knew about it...
He clung onto Frost's arm, who in turn wrapped an arm around his small bro. Frost himself felt guilty for letting Grave do it, they knew and didn't do anything to stop him.

The Engineer's arrival broke them out of their thoughts. She scanned the portal, the mechanical part of it she understood, it was the magic that was the problem. Within closer inspection she could see where the tech part of the portal stopped and where the ancient magical part began.

She turned to the Commander, "It just needs a strong power source. Those two drained the whole building of electricity when they opened it. However, the hocus pocus part is an issue. I don't know how to work magic and it definitely needs something to activate that little crystal at the top... "

"Well, we need to figure out something, dammit! I can't have two kids running around an unknown place! " he yelled. A few foot steps stopped near him, gazing over the portal right behind the Towers. He could feel a person breath down on him. It was Swordmaster.

"Opening spells aren't hard... My question is, is it really worth the trouble? " he asked nonchalantly. Commander turned on his heel ready to explode but Fallen beat him to it.

"What do you mean it's not worth it?" It always unnerved Commander seeing Fallen so cold yet so calm, if it was him Swordmaster's head would be off long ago. "Our children are gone..alone, Creator knows where.."

"It wouldn't have happened if you had learnt how to keep your child in line." Swordmaster spat in his face. "Or do you think it was this pest's kid who came up with it?" he raised an eyebrow mockingly, sneering.
Although his tone was steel-sharp and his glare alone could cut some one's soul in half, it didn't scare Fallen, he knew his mentor was like this. But it hurt nonetheless as he felt there was some truth to his words. Maybe if he wasn't so harsh with Gravedigger he would still be here.. Their conversation after Molten's injury replayed in his head, the hurt in the boy's eyes... It was his fault the child's not here anymore and who knows if he will ever see him again. He fought back a tear or two, staying quiet as to not escalate the disscusion further.

Frost heard the stinging words of his grandfather and walked over to Fallen, placing a hand on his arm.
"Uncle, I have to tell you something.."
The man turned to the smaller boy, the Commander also paying attention. Frost swallowed hard a lump felt in his throat, "Me and Ducky knew about Gravedigger's plan.."
Fallen blinked, a slight shock adorning his face, but it was the Commander who walked forward, "What do you mean you knew?" he asked, eyeing the young man down.