Chapter 24

"Grave, get back here, child!" yelled Krampus as he hurried down the staircase. He was surprised to see the two Towers with such shocked and yet curious expressions.

"What...happened up there?" inquired the Commander with a raised eyebrow. The boy next to him straightened up, listening closer.

Krampus rubbed the back of his head, his eyes darting away, "... It's... A long story. Where did Gravedigger go?"

Scout pointed to the door, "He just sprinted outside."

The Titan took his leave, rushing to catch Grave before he got himself into even more trouble... This kid was smart and bold enough to run away again... And best believe he would if he could get the chance. However, before Krampus could muster up another scenario in his mind, he found Grave sitting on a broken log a little deeper within the forest outside the wooden cabin. The elder took a moment to breathe before going up to the small Titan. He placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Grave-"

"I know what you are going to say.." he blurted out, keeping his eyes off the man. " 'Go talk with your father, young man.' "

"Well you should... And hey! I don't sound like that! he snickered. His voice softening afterwards, "But I will never force you to, you know that."

"I know, I know...." whinned Grave, "It's just that... What if he is furious with me? I mean he was upset enough when Molten got hurt... He said if I misbehaved again he would send me away...what more can be considered 'misbehaving' then running away..?"

Krampus stared at the youngling in disbelief, "He...told you that?"

"Uh huh." nodded Grave.

The man sighed deeply before taking a seat next to him, "Child, parents sometimes say things they trully do not mean... I would know, I have let out some sentences whenever I argued with Frosty that I wish I could take back, even years later. However, the deed is done, the pain is already inflicted, same as here.... I am certain Fallen did not mean it, he was probably scared out of his mind about your brother's wound..... *huff* The point is... your father is worried sick about you, he wants to see you, to make sure that you are fine. He wants to talk with his youngest son. Okay?"

"... Are you sure? "

" Certainly! "

" I-I don't know... "

" Come on! *sighh* We'll do it like this.. If he yells at you or anything of the sort, I will step in and pull you out... Even though I know that Fallen would never do that... Deal? "

" Fine, fine... I will talk to him...and deal!", he said shaking his uncle's freezing hand.

"Alright, then let's go! "

The man guided the boy with his hand, griping his shoulder firmly as to not give him the opportunity to back out. He took him upstairs, past the even more puzzled Towers before arriving at the door of the bedroom.
He gave Grave a small encouraging push towards the entrance which he took as a signal to knock.
The boy heard his father's voice answer with a steady 'Come in' from the other side, with one last unsure look to his uncle, he stepped in feeling his nerves kick back up.