Chapter 47

TW: suffocation, blood.

Accelerator gazed through the office's front window, grasping the handle of his backpack firmly. An odd breeze travelled through the empty area, fogging up the glass surface but not enough for the room to become invisible. Medic's desk was dimly lit by a lamp, forgotten turned on it seemed. The lady herself had left earlier than usual, it was a short shift, a breather gifted to her by her beloved Commander. Oh and how lovey-dovey they always were... Disgusting.

He knew about their close relationship better than anyone. He was Commander's right hand man, stuck to his side just about 24/7. He had caught them kissing or lovingly hold each other in the man's office more times than he could count. And it grossed him out every single time. How could it not? Imagine having this much power at your finger tips, power over a whole base of trained soldiers and state of the art equipment only to waste your time falling in love with some woman. Power was everything in this world, love however, was only ever a distraction. Too bad their dear leader never semmed to care. He scoffed, pushing away his thoughts as he grasped the handle. He had a mission to complete, a true leader to appease.

It was half past two in the morning, not a single soul wandered down the halls this early. Not even the designated guards could fully keep their eyes open. He made sure of that after all.
It helped being on kitchen duty today, a little chamomile tea as a dinner drink with an extra set of sleeping pills did wonders to turn off a human brain.
He slid the key into the lock, creaking the door open.

Accel slipped inside, softly closing it behind him. Walking over to the desk, he pulled out the main drawer. He needed Medic's ID card to make his way to the wing that held the patients' rooms. Only she could enter and leave freely, he too needed that privilege, their plan asked for it. If it had been Commander, he would have given him free access without a second thought, just like he had with the special set of keys he made specifically for him to access all main buildings. But Medic had refused to grant his wish to have the ID card as well... Saying it's "too dangerous for non medical staff to be around sick people".. Pfft- yeah whatever, lady. As if I haven't dealt with far worse injuries and illnesses than you could have ever seen.
Titan born illnesses were harsher, even more agressive than that of the Towers. However, she didn't need to know that so, he never got the pleasure of smacking her in the face with that fact.

Rummaging through the remaining drawers, his fingers slid across the smooth plastic surface of a rectangular object. The image on it was all he needed to see. Found it.

Accel pocketed the ID, turning his attention over to some pre-packed medical tools, laid across a nearby table near a stack of boxes. Among them, a scalpel poked its sharp tip through the packaging. That would do nicely for the ritual. Easier to maneuver than a knife.

He snatched it quickly at the sound of light footsteps coming from down the hall. Ducking behind the desk, he peaked through the window, watching a nurse scuttle by. He breathed a sigh of relief as she departed, waiting just a minute longer before the steps were fully drowned out by his own shuffling.
He got up, leaving the office with a huff. He was wasting precious time. Not going on stealth missions for a while really numbed his skills, huh...

None of that nonsense now. He had a plan to finish. A puppet to obtain.

Pressing the card against the panel of the main entrance after escaping the mess that was Medic's office. Accel creeped over to the infirmary's right wing without further disturbance. These hallways housed the many patient rooms soldiers were usually admitted in. And his target was present among them.