Chapter 2: Welcome to Nevermore

"Wednesday is such a lovely and a one-of-a-kind name, was it perhaps the day you were born?" Wednesday and (Y/N)'s new headteacher Mrs.Weems asked the young teenager.

"I was born on Friday the 13th." She coldly replied to her taller senior.

"Her name originates from a line from my favourite nursery rhyme. 'Wednesday's child is full of woe." Morticia gleefully informed the white haired principal. "And (Y/N) here is actually born on a Wednesday for a matter of fact." She added

"Very fitting for two young lovers, and you did always have a unique outlook on the world Morticia. Had your mother told us about our history of being roommates back in the day?" Weems asked Wednesday. Feeling that she was being hounded with attention (Y/N) decided to enter himself into the conversation to ease the pressure he found his girlfriend being faced with.

"That is certainly intresting Mrs.Weems I'm sure there's so many stories you could tell me about in our time here." (Y/N) quickly stammered as he gave a quick wink and smile to the small girl sat next to him.

"That sounds splendid, I even have a few memories of your parents too (Y/N) that I could tell you about. But let's save that for later. You two have certainly had an up and down educational journey if I'm not mistaken. 8 schools in 5 years?" She showed a smile at both of the new pupils infront of her.

"There isn't a place on Earth strong enough to contain us, this one won't be any different." Wednesday threatened her mothers childhood friend with her stone faced stare.

"Please excuse Wednesday, she really wants to thank you for giving us two this opportunity." (Y/N) chirped in to cut into the tension that was amassing between Wednesday and principal Weems. The black-haired girl glared at (Y/N) as to tell him to be quiet even though she knew he wouldn't back down so easily.

"There's never been a case of allowing students in Nevermore mid-term but given you both have astonishing grades along with your families long history with the school I have convinced the board to allow you to be enrolled here." She clasped her hands together as she gladly exclaimed much to the joy of Wednesday's parents.

"The court ordered for joint therapy sessions, what about them Larissa?" Morticia questioned her former close friend.

"There is a therapist in Jericho that the school is affiliated with. I'm sure meetings can be arranged with her." Weems answered the Addamses question.

"I wonder how long it'll take to make her scream." Wednesday's sadistic comment silenced the office.

"I-i've assigned the both of you to Ophelia hall, your mother and I's old dorm." Weems said directed towards the girl sat infront of her desk.

"Refresh my memory, Ophelia's the one that kills herself after being driven mad by her family. Correct?" She turned to look at her mother to see her nod back.

'How fitting." The girl in black and white thought to herself.

"Shall we go to visit your roommate?"

'Roommate!?' Both (Y/N) and Wednesday thought in sync believing they would have their own room to sleep in rather than sharing with a stranger. Their faces splashed with a shocked expression as they looked at the smiling Weems.

--

Principal Weems opened the small wooden door ducking to avoid bashing her head on the hard splintered wood. The sight of so much colour polluted Wednesday's eyes as she stepped into what was going to be her and (Y/N)'s new room. (Y/N) stood beside her looking at the disgusted face she pulled at the array of colours.

"I'm sure if you ask nicely she'll take some stuff down." (Y/N) nudged Wednesday gently and whispered to her making sure the girl who was charging towards the pair didn't hear him.