Chapter 10: Set it ablaze!

"You'd think something so important to this town would be a bit grander." The tall male looked at the black wooden structure that stood agasint the test of time.

"I was expecting more too, but its our best bet to learn more." The shorter girl said in agreement.

"Whats a little girl and a freak doing out here?" An unknown voice cursed them from behind making the pair leap around and look at the scruffy old man that questioned them.

"We're not looking for trouble mister, please go about your day." (Y/N) tried to persuade the homeless man to leave them in peace.

"This is my place get out!" He moved closer pulling out a small knife from his pocket as he drew closer. Wednesday's eyes slightly widened in amusement at the pitiful excuse for a knife. Glancing at the the male next to her, he gave a nod and turned his attention back to the man.

"Come with me sir." (Y/N) approached with a calm and friendly persona before ducking down to the ground and sweeping the attackers legs from beneath him and swiping the knife from the confused man who lay on the wet ground.

"Y-you're insane!" He shouted, scrambling to his feet and fleeing the skilled archer and fighter.

"Make sure he doesn't come back, just keep an eye on him for a fee minutes. I'll look for clues." Wednesday smirked at the sight of the frightened male running for his life.

"Got it, stay safe." He smiled and patted her head softly, messing up her hair slightly before strolling off in the direction of the homeless man.

Wednesday corrected her bangs and entered into the run down barn that once was the meeting house.

"Thing, check for anything and everything." She directed the little hand as he climbed out of her backpack and began to scower the charred wooden boards. As the two Addamses searched the building and found no clues Thing perched himself atop a raised plank of wood and gained Wednesday's attention. He started signing a message to the girl.

"No I can't just touch something, my visions are about as predictable as (Y/N)'s intelligence." She remarked shrugging off Things question before he signed another one.

"I would rather dye my hair pink than ask my Mother for advice." She glared at Thing for his suggestion. He continued to converse with the girl, not believing her previous reply to his question.

"You want proof? Alright here." Wednesday stomped off and began to reach her hands out to the wooden pillars dotted around the area as well as the walls.

"See? Nothing." She then turned away from the hand and headed for the entrance again. "Lets go and find (Y/N), this was just a waste of time." She reached for the cold wood of the barn door and upon contact her body froze and her head rifled up to the sky. She was right, visions are as predictable as (Y/N)'s intelligence.

(Y/N) leaned against a tree just over 10 meters away from the homeless man who was now crying in his knees praying for his life to be spared, the boy felt sympathy for the unfortunate soul who had no idea he was watching from afar. He sighed and left the man to himself and wandered away from the tree. Stopping him from going any further not just a sting in his body but what felt like he had been struck by Zeus himself pelted the archer to his knees.

"H-holy shit, what the hell?" He clutched his heart catching his breath from the ground. "Wednesday." He soon realised encouraging him to run back to the meeting house.

Upon seeing the pig-tailed girl collapsed on the ground (Y/N) fell to his knees beside her and attempted to bring her back like normal, caressing her petite body but after no response he checked her pulse, still beating.