Chapter 17: You can't Hyde forever

The shadowy figure loomed around each corridor, silently slipping through the poorly lit halls of the hospital, the footsteps were all but silent as the boots clacked along with the tiles.

Fighting his mental prison, (Y/N) with all his might and strength opened a single eye as he broke his coma sightly, enabling him to look on from his bed and into the dark and shady corridor linking his room with the building.

After a few minutes of trying to reactivate the rest of his body he was able to move his neck slightly up allowing him a much better angle as he stared at the door, for a second he could hear the beeping of his heart rate grow quicker until he couldn't hear it anymore, the beeping was cut off by the harsh hissing of air seeping from the room opposite his, now on high alert his eye remained unwavering from the door and saw a shadow emerge and sprint away leaving the male in shock.

"Wh-what...." The critically injured boy tried to speak but his jaw froze in place, using the last remnant of his energy he pressed his finger down on the button that resided under it alerting the hospital staff that he was awake until he fell back into a deep sleep simply exhausted.

--

A week had passed since the mayors mysterious murder. (Y/N) was sat down staring on at the coffin being lowered into the ground, although he was capable to walk by himself Mrs. Weems was no longer convinced he could be trusted to not injure himself again so she confined him to a wheelchair, he had been out of his coma since the mayors passing but had no ability to reveal the culprit behind it as he was drugged by the doctors rendering his voice box useless in an attempt for his body to heal faster by not talking, a theory proposed by Mrs. Thornhill.

'I know who the monster really is, I see your fake frown acting as if you're not the culprit of all this. When I'm fully healed you will know pain, Tyler.' He thought staring at the monsters human face before looking to see everyone else glum with sorrow through the drizzling rain; Thornhill, the Sheriff, Weems, Xavier and Bianca, each one a suspect in the eyes of Wednesday but only one was truly the homicidal creature.

Catching Wednesday's eye was a cloaked figure lurking beside a tree, watching her. Seeing the stalking shadow run away she gave chase leaving behind the funeral and dashing off into the woods devoted to catching the figure.

Through the murky forest the rain cleared but she had lost sight of the figure stalling her pursuit. Just as Wednesday began to lose hope the man dropped down from the skies above behind her making a crunching noise as the leaves below were trampled, quick to react she drew out a sabre hidden within her umbrella and set it upon her opponent with great speed only to be disarmed by a jolt of electricity pushing her back in shock.

"Still as sharp as ever my pig-tailed protégé." A sweet voice came from the man perking Wednesday as she recognised the voice instantaneously and her smile grew wide from ear to ear.

"Uncle Fester."

--

"You can stay here for a bit." Wednesday opened the door to the Hummers HQ belonging to the comatose Eugene.

"Oh how thoughtful, a place with snacks!" Fester exclaimed spotting the small hive of bees stored inside the shed.

"Those bees are hibernating." The girl said trying to prevent the bees meeting an untimely death to satisfy the kooky mans hunger who was not put off and instead reached for a bee. "That means do not eat them!" Wednesday now harshly told off her uncle.

"Sorry, cravings." He frowned turning around to meet the girls death glare. "I forgot to ask, where's (Y/N)? You two are practically stitched together." He enquired.

"Recently out of a coma, so the hospital." She said glumly thinking back to how he got put there.

"Sheesh a coma? Nothing more enjoyable." His stifled chuckle faded once he saw the depressing look on his nieces face. "Sorry Wednesday. Hey you know what kind of monster you're dealing with?" He said switching the subject.