Chapter 31: A new way of life

(Update on ending and future plans for books at the end of this chapter, please read!)

'When I came on this stupid sightseeing trip the last thing on my mind was being the centre of a manhunt as well as a murder mystery, expect the unexpected they say.'

(Y/N) looked up at the large screens in Piccadilly Square as they broadcast the news that were plastered with pictures of Nevermore along with the face of (Y/N). Only being concealed by a cap he wore as well as his long grey combat coat, he kept his head low as he passed through the hordes of people making their daily commute or passing tourists.

'You'd think having an alleged murderer not to mention outcast and incredibly dangerous man loose in the middle of a city would put people on edge or even a bit skeptical, but nope I guess the British are used to this, it doesn't surprise me.'

(Y/N) said to himself within his mind as he picked up his pace to barge through the crowds in an attempt to keep his face out of view.

'All I know is that laying low is imperative if I want to get my life back at some point, and of course back to Wednesday.'

--

The previous night

"This is all your fault Tyler, you fuck!" The tall male shouted, kicking the coffee table to take out his anger, somehow the girl who was fast asleep in the other room remained how she was despite the outburst.

"Shit, I didn't have running from the police on my to-do list." (Y/N) paced around as he collected his thoughts whilst thinking about the limited amount of time he had before the police were bound to find him.

Figuring out the first step, he silently sneaked back into the shared bedroom and piled on a collection of clothes as well as stuffing a few in his backpack, catching his eye as he packed were Wednesday's high platformed trainers in which the soles contained 2 deadly knives. Carefully, the boy slipped out the razor-edged daggers and put them into his bag along with his bow which he compressed to fit it inside the bag that he slung over his shoulder and walked back out from the bedroom that was shrouded in darkness with only a minimal light coming from the males flashlight on his phone.

(Y/N) then quickly shuffled to the TV he turned off, he switched it back on and instantly paused it on the news channel before rewinding it to just before the reporter broke the news about the long dead Tyler Galpin.

He set the remote down on the coffee table as he collapsed into one of the armchairs and held his head in his hands whilst he continued to think of his plan.

'This is not good, I may have a few hours but I need to spend those hours getting the hell away from here.' He thought, pulling his head away from his palms (Y/N) reached for the nearest pen and paper and begun to write 2 separate notes, one he slipped underneath the TV remote, 'PLAY!' Was written in big bold lettering knowing it would catch the attention of Wednesday. Alongside the small note the boy began to write a much longer one, whilst preventing tears from spilling onto the paper (Y/N) wrote his goodbye to his soulmate, a small pit formed in his stomach as he feared it may be his last message to the girl if something were to happen to him or her.

Having completed the letter he neatly placed it inside a pearly white envelope and sealed it with a frown plastered across his face. Reluctantly, he arose from the comfortable leather armchair and slowly trundled back into his and Wednesday's bedroom, his full backpack slung around his shoulders, a cap fixated upon his head and the letter in his hand.

As he walked over to the bedside table he looked down at the messy haired girl who slept pleasantly with a tiny and missable smile present on her face, the boy couldn't help but let his emotions burst out as tears flowed freely and swiftly from his eyes, (Y/N) chuckled through the sobs as his face contorted into a wide smile. Suppressing the cries, he placed the envelope on the small set of drawers next to the bed and leaned in above the girls head. Gently, he closed his puffy eyes and pressed his lips upon Wednesday's pale and cold forehead which comforted the male teenager and made him forget his worries for all of 3 seconds. Wednesday shuffled from the light contact and turned to her side still staying asleep.