Chapter 11: Scraping the surface

Darkness surrounded the vision of Ajax Petropolus as he felt a rummage of hands trying him down onto a chair, his whimpers drowned out by the tape fixed onto the stoners mouth.

The bag obscuring his vision was lifted off his head carefully to ensure his beanie stayed on protecting his kidnappers from suffering the snakes wrath. Ajax peeled his eyes open slowly adjusting to the singular light that was positioned above a table he was sat at. After he retained his sight he saw the faces of Wednesday Addams and (Y/N) (L/N) looking down upon him from across the room wearing completely blacked out jackets. Confused by his kidnapping his eyes darted around the room, the walls were wooden and lined with shelves on either side.

"Thing." Wednesday announced causing the detached hand to rip the tape from Ajax's mouth quickly  taking any trace of facial hair with it.

"OW! What the hell guys!" He squealed from the pain.

"We're doing the questioning today." (Y/N) deadpanned at his clueless friend. "Where were you last night?" He asked leaning over the table intimidatingly with a taser in his palm which he made sure Ajax got a good glance of.

"I-I was in my dorm, please dont hurt me." The boy flinched and attempted to budge his chair away from the threatening weapon infront of him.

"So why weren't you with Enid?" Wednesday picked up a bat and grinded it across the wall.

"W-what? I...I-I accidently stoned myself." Ajax embarrassedly stated hanging his head in shame. (Y/N) and Wednesday removed the weapons from their grasp and groaned at his disappointing alibi.

"Thats pathetic man." The tall male spoke now switching on the main light of the room revealing themselves to be in the hummers shed.

"What? I didn't mean to...should I ask her to the dance then? You know to make it up to her." Ajax asked while being set free by Thing.

"No!" The two captors scolded the boy.

"I wouldn't speak to her for a while. She's not in an approachable mood." Wednesday said opening the door into the early morning air, the smell of fresh cut grass seeped into the room inviting the trio and Thing to leave.

"Ok I got it, I guess I'll see you guys later." He sheepishly said before running away from the couple.

"Hes an idiot." The female coldly stated to (Y/N).

"Agreed...Oh Wednesday you looked amazing being so scary like that and especially wearing that." The male smiled as he turned around and gestured towards the leather jacket and black trousers she stylishly wore with no effort.

"I'll allow one kiss." She internally smiled at the boys compliment looking up towards the much taller student, (Y/N) knew she had enjoyed the comment and closed the gap between them to meet their lips for a short while before pulling away to head back to their dorm.

"I'll grant you another."

--

"How was the morgue?" (Y/N) asked behind his notebook still fully invested in the intricate symbols he had drawn in it.

"A success, there's direct correlation between each corpse, they've all got a body part removed from them." Wednesday sat next to her boyfriend and displayed the photocopies of the body parts.

"Must be intentional, you think it's the monster or someone else?" (Y/N) hid his book from Wednesday in order to prevent her seeing his next work and he turned his attention to the scattered images.

"The monster would be our safest bet but knowing Jericho and Nevermore, there's bound to be more foul play." She looked into the eyes of the boy she sat next to with a serious pair of eyes staring into his.