Chapter 8: A little girl and a little boy

10 years before Nevermore

"My first deer hunting kit?" A wide-eyed boy ripped open the neatly wrapped present to see what was on the top of his list, a smile beamed from his face as he turned to face his parents. He put down the long yellow box and dashed into his parents arms.

"Thank you so much Mum! Dad!" The newly six year old child squealed with excitement.

"Anything for our dear (Y/N)." His mother told him with a warm smile as he pulled out of their embrace.

"In that case, can we invite the Addamses around?" The young (Y/N) pleaded with persuading eyes directed at his parents.

"For tomorrow yes, but you will need to do extra well in your archery." His father spoke up setting conditions for their close family friends to visit. "But let's celebrate the rest of your birthday first eh kiddo?" The senior (L/N) smiled whilst pricking at his nearly shaven beard.

"Alright father. So what are we gonna do?" The boy eagerly asked, excitement brewing excessively.

--

"You see that tree over there? Try and hit it." His father encouraged the young (L/N).

"But its so far away." (Y/N) complained not confident enough in his strength as he drew his arrow back.

"I've was told this by your grandfather and he was taught this by his father and so on, if you think of something or someone very important to you it'll help you concentrate. Go ahead try it." His father patted his back as he instructed his son to do. Taking a deep breath and closing his eyes (Y/N) adjusted his aim one final time before letting go of the arrow, flinging it into the sky and sending it towards the distant tree.

Using his new binoculars he had been gifted by his grandparents (Y/N) could see that his arrow had flown directly into the bark of the grand tree that stood tall in the woods.

"Good job my son!...say, what did you think of?" The man in his late 30's enquired from the similar (H/C) haired boy.

"I'll tell you Wednesday, thats our next lesson right?" The boy averted the question for now, using his superb intellect.

"Alright then, keep your secrets." The boys father side-eyed him causing him to giggle at his father's antics. "Okay you keep hitting your targets, and I'll try to convince your mother to invite the Addams family, including Wednesday." His father winked at him causing the boys face to turn a ripe pink in embarrassment.

"S-stop dad, jeez!" He looked away and waited for the tint of red to subside.

--

"Now (Y/N), when you are walking with a lady where do you walk?" The short and beautiful mother of the youngest member of the family asked the boy who was sat at the table with various cutlery, plates and bowls laid out.

"Umm, near the road? Because if a car comes I get hit first and don't have to suffer as much as the girl would?" He answered correctly, though not for the right reasons.

"Nearly dear, nearly." She smiled placing her hand atop of his. "You're doing good, are their any girls at school you like? Maybe you could use your chivalry to make friends with them. " She attempted to pry into the 6 year olds school life hoping to change his antisocial tendencies.

"No, Wednesday's the only friend I need. She's smart and fun to be with, I don't need anyone else." He smiled thinking about his closest and only friend. His mother gazed warmly at his smile, happy for the boy and his adoration for the young Addams girl. "Also, why do I have to learn proper etiquette? I go to public school and its not like we're royalty." (Y/N) complained about his frequent lessons.