Chapter 21: The test of time

"I was wrong. I understand now." The almost silent voice whispered echoing through the misty and dark courtyard with the fires now extinguished and only being illuminated by the blood red moon.

Just as the voice began to call again the lifeless and dead eyes of (Y/N) opened to see an undead ghost standing infront of him, the boy looked down at his chest, the arrow was still lodged straight through the heart that still had no pulse and no heat returned to his ice cold body.

"Are you taking me to the other side, Garrett?" The boy moved his head from its slouched position of where his muscles gave out, instead he sat up against the pile of debris clutching onto the arrow not feeling any pain.

"She really loves you doesn't she?" Garrett ignored the question, staring down the legally deceased male who returned the glare. "She's your soulmate."

"Where is she? Leave her out of what ever sorcery you're pulling." He pointed accusingly at Garrett even in death he vowed to protect his loved one.

"Shes about 30 paces that way." The Gates child pointed through to the Nevermore Gates in the direction of where Wednesday had departed with tearful eyes. "I've been observing you two since our last meeting and you've taught me something, true love isn't made or earned its always there, you just have to find the person who shares the love with you. I never did that, I let my emotions control me but you. You were just you, and that was enough for love." Garrett smiled wearily as he rethought back to the night of his death.

"Whats your point? I can't share my love if I'm dead." (Y/N) grunted from the ground with teary eyes.

"I'm here to help with that." Garrett walked over to the males side and rested his palm over his bloodied head.

==

15 years before Nevermore

"Wednesday, this is (Y/N)." Morticia sat her barely one-year old daughter on the ground, infront of her sat a dumbfounded infant of a similar age who seemed entranced by the silent girl who closely observed his erratic behaviour as he carelessly blabbed his gibberish whilst playing with a set of toys.

The boy offered one of his toys to the girl who reluctantly took it, confused by its purpose Wednesday fiddled with each edge until accidently flipping an on switch making the small object jump out in bright colours and an obnoxious tune radiating from the small electronic, throwing the annoying distraction just infront of her. It was only until a cry echoed through the large halls of the Addams family mansion that realisation had set in for the parents of the babies as well as Wednesday who halted the adults in their tracks as she wobbled her way over to the (H/C) haired boy and sat beside him patting his head gently where the toy ricocheted off his cranium, the (L/N)'s and the Addams parents sat back down in their arms chairs in awe at the wholesome moment shared between the two little ones.

"(Y/N)." The raven-haired girl made a sound resembling the boys name as she looked into his eyes with a pleasant smile making (Y/N) smile back and giggle at the girl ignoring the itching pain in his head.

==

9 years before Nevermore

The duo of Wednesday Addams and (Y/N) (L/N) strolled through the crowds of small children as the 6 year olds walked to their classroom for the day side by side.

"I could be playing with my dolls right now." The girl sat with her small pigtails jolting as she took her seat. The taller than average boy took his Next to her.

"My dad wants me to take up violin along with my archery." He smiled as he made simple conversation with his best friend.

"As long as you have time to play with me, how about you use my dolls as targets?" Wednesday's soft side showed before she suppressed it as the rest of their class joined them in the room.