Chapter 13: Opening the Gates

"On the mend? What a load of cazzate!" (Y/N) scoffed speaking briefly in his Italian tongue in response to another of the principals many lies.

"You guys went to see him right?" Enid asked next to the couple who truly witnessed what happened a week ago on the night of the Rave'N.

"Briefly, we weren't allowed any longer. Its cover-up after cover-up." Wednesday now spoke rolling her eyes at the schools new policy. "And I'm at fault for it all." She looked down in guilt.

"How?! If anybody is to blame its me. If I wasn't stupid enough to ask you to the dance last second Eugene would've never gone to the forest." The male there scolded his other half defending her part in the disaster.

"Its not your fault either! Its the monsters, and it seems you've scared it off, no attacks since." The werewolf quickly spinning the subject to a more positive note after feeling sick from the morbid topic. "Oh nooo, my parents. Urgh I give it 30 seconds before my mum's (I'm British, deal with it) judge claws come out." Enid buried her face in her hands tormented by embarrassment upon spotting her family.

"Could be worse." Wednesday flatly said staring across the quad at her own family dreading the inevitable interaction.

"Where's your parents (Y/N)?" The brightly illuminated girl asked taking note at the boys absence from the conversation.

"Oh- mine? They're in London, defending a really high profile case. They've been at it for nearly a year." He sighed, deeply missing the archery duels with his father and the long talks with his mother. "They said they'd call sometime this weekend though."

"Oh I'm sorry (Y/N) for talking about that, i-i'll just go." Enid apologised feeling the blame for ruining the peaceful mood.

"Do you want to take on my family together?" The short jet black haired girl looked to her side inquisitively.

"I'll let you handle it, you're a strong girl you'll figure it out" The tall male kissed her cheek before heading away from her and up to the second level of the quad that bore over the social area.

She rolled her eyes at him before turning her attention to her family mustering up the tolerance she would need.

--

"There she is. How we missed those accusing eyes and youthful sneer." Gomez said overjoyed as he brought his daughter into a warm hug much to her disapproval.

"How are you my little rain cloud?" Morticia smiled at the girl now set free by her fathers grasp.

"I thought Thing was filling you in on my every move." Wednesday cleverly said shocking her parents at her discovery. "I unearthed your petty ploy almost immediately."

"How is the little fella? Got all of his fingers?" Her father asked concerned for the hands wellbeing in the possession of Wednesday.

"I haven't snapped any of his digits. Yet." Wednesday said implying a small but meaningless threat.

"Where is (Y/N)? Its impossible you scared him off." The tall black haired lady appealed wanting to see the destined future member of the Addams family.

"Doing what I wish I was, avoiding you." Wednesday plainly spoke hurtling little insults at her mother.

"Well I'm sure we'll see him soon enough." Morticia smiled not letting the teenage trash talk get to her.

--

"I heard you snapped at Wednesday last week." A tall boy leant next to a long haired one on the stone railing of the quads second story.