Chapter 24: Cast Away

I never thought we'd be back so soon." (Y/N) looked up at the looming spires of Nevermore Academy standing tall.

"We won't be here for long, don't get used to it again." Wednesday tugged at her blazer not happy to be back in uniform.

Just as the couple began to make their way into the school the blonde and bearded man of Mr Magnussen rushed over to the young adults.

"The new head is starting her speech in a minute, here I'll take these for you." The kind soul ushered them forward as he took their small bags from them, one containing the bodyless hand of Thing and the other with the compressed bow of (Y/N). Lurch groaned as the older males wandered off to store the bundles of luggage as Wednesday and (Y/N) trotted off with some haste.

--

"Welcome everybody back to Nevermore Academy, my name is Mrs Paling and I will be your new headteacher henceforth following the unfortunate passing of my dear friend Larissa Weems." The auburn haired woman with hazel eyes spoke with a warm smile plastered across her face displaying her kind personality.

"I bet she's into some weird stuff." A chuckle was silenced as Ajax whispered into his tall friends ear.

"I've been here 2 minutes why is that the first thing you say to me?" (Y/N) scrunched his face in astonishment and partial disgust at the gorgon boy.

"Paling? That's a funky name, never met someone with that last name. " Enid raised her eyebrows as she tried her best to recollect every single last name she's encountered.

"I've never met someone with the name Sinclair, now look what happened." Wednesday stared forward as her own voice drowned our the speech.

"I can't wait to see you all for this school year! Before you all go off and get reacquainted could I have the select students for the trip just stay behind please. Thank you!" Mrs Paling signed off allowing all of the students to filter off to their dorms and friend groups.

Now left in the quad was the quartet of Enid, Wednesday, Ajax and (Y/N). Around them they could make out the backs of the nightshade society as well as a few of the smartest students Nevermore had, including Eugene.

"Now that we're all gathered here I'd like to announce to you all that for this term following a splendid trip I had to the amazing city of London we will all be going on an educational and fun tour around some of the most iconic cities in Europe." The headteacher clasped her hands together as nearly everyones jaws fell through the floor, a quiet gossip between friends formed as they all squealed in excitement.

"This trip will rank upon the most daring of Nevermores outings and all for a good cause, the well-being and education of our students." The principal continued on.

"Great, 20 students in a foreign country. Not to mention the fact we're the most despised teenagers in the world." Wednesday flatly said already dreading the abuse they were bound to receive upon their European trip.

"It might be fun, social media never shows the full image to things, maybe they'll like us." Enid smiled widely showing off her optimism.

Wednesday turned to look at her boyfriend sending him a glare commanding him to back the girl up.

"You're right Enid, it'll be fun." (Y/N) ignored the short girl and instead sided with the werewolf also earning a nod from Ajax. Wednesday elbowed the boy in the rib frustrated with his disobedience.

"We shall be heading off for Boston tomorrow and from there we will be taking the Nevermore yacht over the Atlantic and towards Southampton in the UK, from which we will make for London." Mrs Paling listed off the various locations they would be visiting including Paris, Amsterdam and Rome.