Chapter 15: Keep your enemies closer

"The note and (Y/N)'s disappearance is not a coincidence." Wednesday tredded through the bundles of leaves dressing the floor, flashlight in hand illuminating the dark and damp floor.

"Are you sure he's not just with Xavier or Ajax?" Enid said shivering out of fear hiding herself behind her roommate.

"Even if he is sometimes stupid, he would tell me wherever he would go." She replied as her torch came into contact with a stone structure revealed to be Crackstones Crypt as the orange glare brought out its distinctive features.

"You seriously want to go in there?" Enids entire body repulsed.

"Its what the note said, I have to."

"Maybe I should stay outside, as a lookout y'know?" Enid shakily smiled looking out into the misty wilderness as the macabre girl found herself within the tardis-like crypt.

Her torch examined its massive figure from inside showing the carvings and various statues lining the walls of the tomb. Creeping her way around she stumbled upon the main area, a large open space decorated with unlit candles and a concrete casket dead centre.

"Whos here? Show yourself!" Wednesday demanded scowering the room from top to bottom.

Just as the girl began to manoeuvre around Crackstones supposed final resting place her ears were met with a gut-wrenching sound.

"Surprise!"

From behind the slab the likes of (Y/N), Xavier, Ajax and a few of the girls distant friends clambered out with smiles and flashlights. Overwhelmed with shock, Wednesday remained silent as her peers began to sing the dreaded happy birthday song as Enid walked in cake in hand.

"We're having words." She simply said glaring at her boyfriend who had Thing positioned atop his shoulder making him a bit disheartened.

"Aren't you going to make a wish?" Enid asked eagerly pushing the cake closer to Wednesday making her turn her head away from the delicacy and towards the wall catching her attention.

"Fire will rain...when I rise." The short girl muttered as she read the Latin words etched into the limestone slabs. Feeling her way across the text a surge of electricity zapped through (Y/N) telling him of the girls vision he saw happening ahead of the crowd of people.

~~

Wednesday found herself locked outside of a large set of gates, behind them the pale face of a girl reflected back at her.

"Goody...I was told you could help me control my visions." She walked closer to the gate resting her hands on the cold iron.

"You cannot control a raging river, only to sail down it. If you want to stop Crackstone you must seek this place." Goody disappeared from the gates ending up beside Wednesday staring her as intensely as she would do to others. "The path of a raven is a solitary one, you will end up alone only being able to communicate with darkness." Her ancestor warned.

"Is that supposed to scare me?" Wednesday met her stare with her own.

"It will once you lose (Y/N)." The ghastly vision ceased and Wednesday was brought back to the land of the living meeting (Y/N) and Enids faces.

~~

"I never wanted a party." She flatly said feeling herself atop her bed and her eyes recognising their shared dorm, she remained lying down not wanting to grace her roommates with her energy.

"You never do, so I did the opposite of what you wanted." (Y/N) smiled looking down at her sitting beside her.

'You really are incredibly dumb sometimes' She thought as she grimaced at her lover.